Need interior color schemes and ideas

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by scooper77515, Feb 11, 2006.

1. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    Painting the car exterior some kind of high gloss metal dusted maroon (sort of candy apple red). Interior will probably be a combination of maroon and gray or charcoal.

Please post pictures or websites where I can get ideas on what colors to upholster the seats and dashboard, and carpet colors, and color patterns and schemes. Instrument panel and center console suggestions also needed.

2. htr701

htr701 Mavericker

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    I don't really have pics to show you but to do a good interior people usually go two routes, either all one color, like red (looks good on a black or silver car), or they make all the metal black and the vinyl the same color as the car, or vise versa. This is my opinion and if you want some really tricked out interiors go to www.cardomain.com and look at s-10s, old muscle cars, etc and see what you like and do it. Makes the seats two tone or do a cool headliner, there's tons of options out there. Make the dash pad black and do the rest of the dash a maching red. Hope this helps.

3. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    To me nothing looks better then a nice all black interior, goes with all exterior colors. A black Maverick with red or white interior would be pretty intresting.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  4. Zooomzoomguy

Zooomzoomguy Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick, 2 door
    light tan looks pretty good in some cars, or light tan bottom/black top looks cool

5. Jap901

Jap901 Member

Vehicle:
    71 mav 2 door
    Its not a Mav but here is a couple of pics of my friends 69 camaro with eclipse front seats.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  6. scooper77515

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    I think all black looks good, have it in the truck, but hot has heck in the summer, and the mav will not get an AC until all engine and body work/paint is completed. Which may be a long time. I will likely do the two-tone with some parts the same color as the outside. I just don't know which parts.

Thanks for the suggestions so far (and the pics!). All one color (not black) is what most of the new cars are doing. I looked at some new mustangs and the Charger, and there just needs to be a little more color on these older cars. Just something to wake it up.

Sure is alot to look at on that cardomain.com

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  7. 1971maverick

1971maverick (re)Fab Mav

Vehicle:
    1971 Ford Maverick
    What? No more ugly yellow (and bondo-pink, and primer-gray, and filler-red) ??

That is gonna be great, paint always makes such a difference... Are you doing it yourself? Id love to paint mine but I need help getting all the body parts lined up first!!

I have always thought a name or logo on the top half of the drivers seat is really special. Maybe the same thing on the dash. Can't buy that at Autozone.

Our Mavs have a metal dash so I wonder what that would look like without paint?? Could it be made to look "brushed"? Add some clearcoat, maybe some Grabber type stripes in black all the way across or something.

I find myself useing the space between my front seats for a shelf. Whatever papers I happen to be carrying or coffee or whatever. I've thought about making it flat somehow and putting some non-skid surface on it. If it could somehow look good AND be functional.

Do you have gauges? I'd like to see a speedometer and (other orig. items) replaced to match the aftermarket gauges.

This might sound sillier yet:

Have you ever been to a fabric store?? A couple of years ago I found some fabric with Ford logos and bought it from a local sewing place. Never seen it before or since... Someday I'd like to use that as headliner. A trip to the Jo Annes or Hancocks Fabrics might land you some unique stuff. Not ALL thier material is silly!!

Carpet? Black hides dirt...

GrabberMav71 has black/red here:
    http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=5503

I've got ideas, it's just common sense and money that I can't seem to get ahold of!!

8. scooper77515

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    That Grabber71 pic is really nice. I would like it simple, but nice like that. I would like to do some kind of center console that goes between the seats with a cup holder or two, and a covered box for CDs or something like that. I would like the console to go up to the dasboard, contain my shifter, and also the stereo and possibly the guages. I have seen them, just don't know where to get them.

Lots of good ideas, just need to nail them down and get to work on them.

9. htr701

htr701 Mavericker

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    it would look cool if you did the main part in black, then have a maroon color in the center and have red piping or stitching. Then do your door materials in a maroon and the metal in a black. I don't know if you can draw well, but luckily i can and that's what i do after school...I sit in my mav pretend its not rusted and then get a sketch pad and draw the interior, then get some tracing paper put it over the drawing and color it in. If you use tracing paper you can produce many different themes with only 1 central/main drawing and if you mess up its ok because you don't have to start all over. Then once you get the design flowing color the main drawing and use photoshop if you can to really clean it up and make it perfect. Remember "Don't try and just do what you know you can do everybody does that; challenge yourself and make it crazy and as insane as you want just make sure you love it, because after all it is yours"..Jesse James. Hope that helps!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  10. scooper77515

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    I have been tinkering with Photoshop, and was thinking about taking pictures of the interior and then 'shopping the colors in. Inside and out.

I am to the point where the motor and trans are pretty good, and ready to do body and interior, but just don't feel comfortable starting without a good idea where I want to go.

Imagine being able to have a baby, and being given a 10-page list of check-boxes where you can choose the gender, personality traits, height/weight, what kind of nose, color of eyes and hair, and being able to literally "create" your baby...that is where I am now. Scary stuff. Just want to take the time and do it right.

11. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Scott; got my door panels made last night. I'll get some pics tonight and post them on this thread for you. It is gray and charcoal, and looks pretty good. Later,

Earl

12. Earl Branham

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Scott; here are the pics I promised to you. I am not too happy with the door panels, but they are easy to make. Might change them later. But for now, they will have to do!:) BTW, these are '96 Honda Civic seats.:huh:

13. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    red and black looks so much nicer on a mav than a cramaro:D. Earl, VERY nice did you work in the upholstery department at the plant or something?

14. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    Seats look killer Earl!!! The problem with the door panels is its a big flat panel with a tiny arm rest in the middle so it needs some lines to break up the area. You might try making your own based on the deluxe panels. As an example, this is what I designed for my Sprint. Other than the medallion, its all done with the materials used in the rest of the interior. You could used Dan's Steerhead disc for the medallion or use the trunk badge. You could also use nothing at all. I wanted some vertical lines in the bottom section within the square design but that never got done in time.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  15. Earl Branham

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Dennis; yeah, the door panels kinda concern me. I embossed the emblem in the material, with foam, and put a couple horizontal lines in the rear of the panel to break it up, but I am still not happy with it. I think they look better than the pic displays, but I think I could do better. For now they will stay, but I'll get some more material later, and get to it. Thanks for the suggestions. BTW, are you coming to the FFW at Commerce this year? Was really great to see you there last year. Take care,

Earl