Silver Springs

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Fred McCutcheon, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Fred McCutcheon

Fred McCutcheon Mccatch

Vehicle:
    falcon and maverick
    Hey all, who's goin to Silver Springs next weekend? Not sure if Hotties new ride will mke it or not, only have 3 days to do about a month of work. But the Falcon will be there. Is that close enough to qualify??? It does have a 200 engine and 3 speed out of a 70 maverick!

2. 72true62D

72true62D Dont Talk To Me Like That

Vehicle:
    72 maverick Grabber 302, 66 Mustang 351w
    I'll be there....yall can finish in 3 days I've seen 'em do it on TV.:tiphat:

3. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I too will be there. :)

4. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Lil and I will be there Saturday ... driving her Mustang ... having too much fun with my Comet all in pieces all over my garage. I might be driving it again by summer at this rate.

5. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    Effie and I will be there about noon-ish Fri.

...:thumbs2:...

6. j miller

j miller Montana MCCI state rep

Vehicle:
    77 2 door Maverick, 250ci, power disc brakes, a/c,
    part-time and i are coming up. mavaholic is coming down. come on fred, you have 3 whole days. who needs sleep or work?

7. mavgrab302

mavgrab302 MCCI Florida State Rep

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    I will be there. I'm driving Jim's Sprint Pinto...
    Are we going to make plans to meet in the parking lot so we can all drive in together. I want to make sure I get to park with the mav's/comets.

Ken

8. 72true62D

72true62D Dont Talk To Me Like That

Vehicle:
    72 maverick Grabber 302, 66 Mustang 351w
    How about the pony trails? Do the Mav/Coms ride as a group? Never did the ride so I'm full of dumb questions:huh:.

9. j miller

Vehicle:
    we usually meet inside. if you tell the direction guys that you are meeting with the mavs they should point you in the right direction. trying to get everyone to meet at the same time has proven problematic. they usually place us toward the back of the field ( closer to where the cars come in) they fill the center with mustangs and put the smaller groups around the perimeter. whoever gets there first needs to make sure they don't park us anywhere near the giraffe enclosure. peeeyuuuuu.

10. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I just got an email from Jeff Ford who now works for Legendary Ford Magazine. I had asked him if he was coming to Silver Springs. He told me he would be there and would try to look us up. We may get a little coverage here. You guys keep your eyes open for him when we get there. He really likes the Mavericks/Comets. :)

11. cre8ivpro

cre8ivpro Member

Vehicle:
    1976 Maverick, 2-dr; 1975 Maverick, 2-dr, 1978 F250 4x4, 1988 Yota 4 x 4, 2005 Murray 42" cut 15.5 HP riding mower
    You can count us in, looking forward to it!:yahoo:

Holly & Rocky

12. bradleygt

bradleygt Member

Vehicle:
    1970 maverick
    ken you better be careful with that pinto it can get away from you real easy:chirp:

brad:)

13. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    My dad and I are planning to be there on Saturday.

14. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet GT, '72 Sprint Mustang Sportroof, '73 Mustang conv, '69 Cougar XR7 conv.
    There is an old saying that goes: "If you wait until all the lights are green, you never get out the front door".

Therefore, even though it needs some things, I am bringing the Mustang Sprint so that for the first time, ever, all three versions of the '72 Sprints will be together at a show. Since Dennis has committed to making the long trip down with his Sprint Maverick, I am going ahead and bring the Stang instead of waiting until all 3 of mine can make it together.

Whoever get there first, tell the people parking to save 3 spots on the end for the 3 Sprints, preferably to the right side of the Mav/Comets. That way, we can park like the photos, with the Maverick in the middle and the Pinto to the left and the Stang to the right. It should draw some attention to all of our cars. Definately, a Kodak moment!!

My son will bring my black '69 XR7 and park with the Cougars, which are usually nearby. Ken will be driving the Pinto Sprint .

I know Jeff Ford very well, going back to when he was Editor of Mustang Monthly and later Mustangs and Fords magazines. He is a great fellow and I am sure will do what he can to promote our cars. I have no doubt in my mind that he will be giving the cars a lot of attention.

If all goes as planned, I will be at NPD Friday morning for the Pony Trails, probably in the gold Stang convertible. Whew, that means getting 4 cars ready for the weekend.

Ray, bring down some info on the cruise in Oct. I want to try and make that this year.

Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting others for the first time. Especially looking forward to meeting another old fart, MR OLD FART, Ray!!

Jim

15. j miller

Vehicle:
    after my email conversation with him over last years shut out it will be nice to meet him and clear the air. if we have the 3 sprints together, that will surely bring some attention. it looks like we will have a good turnout this year.
    maverick 73-- you bringing the 2 & 4 doors.