left had drive mav MISTAKE

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jlnck2, Jun 4, 2004.

1. jlnck2

jlnck2 New Member

I am sorry on my last thread. I meant to say, I am looking for any information on a RIGHT hand drive Maverick.

2. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    The only one I've ever seen or heard of is the one pictured in this thread:

http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=8221

The consensus is that it was an aftermarket conversion as opposed to being factory built.

Hope this helps.
    Sam :)

3. jlnck2

jlnck2 New Member

Yes, I saw that thread also. It might just take alot of work if I decide to do it. I am also considering maybe converting a Mav into a conv. Have seen a pic of a concept car in the 70's that they had of the Mav as a conv.
    Just want to do something different, and as well as I like mavericks, what a great car to do different with.
    If you have come across any different Mavericks, could you please share them with me? I have just started looking at different Mav sights, and it is taking a while to find unique cars.
    Thanks.
    Jerry

4. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    Here's a pic of a Maverick Ranchero. I don't know anything about the car or the owner but it's the most unique Mav I've ever seen.

I have seen many Mavericks without tops, but I've not seen one with a proper convertible top. Most simply cut off the metal top and stop there, as fabricating the covertible mechanism proves to be too difficult. The only Mav I ever saw with a soft top was actually the top half of an early Mustang grafted onto a Maverick. It was nice work but you could tell exactly what it was.

Sam :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  5. jlnck2

jlnck2 New Member

Can you e-mail me directly? Or do you have a messanger service at All? I would be interested in talking to you one on one. If you don't mind.
    P.S. I like that pic. Never thought of that!!

6. qicvick

qicvick Member

Vehicle:
    1972 grabber
    be careful just cutting the top off, I understand the top is part of the support of the body, being a unibody the doors may open once and then not close!

7. jlnck2

jlnck2 New Member

Bieng a unibody, the bottom needs support. I think the Camero used a support for the early bodies that they made into conv. Plan on any reinforcments BEFORE even trying to cut. I also plan on getting a JUNK Mav, to try to figure out a way to make or modify a current Conv system. THis will be done the right way. Just hope I can make it operational. Making the top itself (fabrick) will be fun. Have plans in my head, just a way to make it work. Also will have to relocate if not build new rear seats.

8. MavMark

MavMark Mega Modifier

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber, 351w,EFI,A/C, RRS Rack, Power Everything :)
    Here are two pictures of the Mav that someone apparently grafted the top half of a Mustang onto. They were in Shorthorns(MCCI Newsletter) in 2002 I believe. I don't have any more info about this car..except that it is believed to be red...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]