silver springs mini meet

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by j miller, Dec 15, 2008.

1. draggon13

draggon13 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick V8 5 Speed
    Frank, wish I would have known you needed converter work. A friend of mine here in Hilliard does awesome work for conveters. He is Alan Pope of Pope Performance products. He builds some great stuff and ships world wide.

richard

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    thanks Richard...:Handshake not saying your guy isn't top notch....
    but:
    this was an Edge converter i had and Edge told me if i would send it to them they would build it to my specs...all i have to pay is shipping there. Andre, is great...:thumbs2:
    the tech and service depts. are...#1...

...Frank...

3. draggon13

draggon13 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick V8 5 Speed
    Sounds like a good deal Frank!

richard

4. j miller

j miller Montana MCCI state rep

Vehicle:
    77 2 door Maverick, 250ci, power disc brakes, a/c,
    frank, looks like you relocated your alternator to almost the same place i did. you just have a shiny blue bracket and i reused my adjustable slide bracket. looks great. glad to know you and effie are coming. my wife and youngest daughter will be there with me. my oldest won't be making it (long story). i am still working some bugs out of mine. having fuel issues(pumping too much) and my alternator stator relay just died, so off i go to summit web page. sure wish i lived down the road from a super store. haha

5. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    i had to use the...shiny blue bracket...because of the...electric waterpump. ($100+) :yup:
    I :boxing: the...header/X-pipe...battle today and won...:whew:
    good luck wit-D-bugs :bouncy:

...see you there...:drive:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  6. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Ray,

That utensil set is too funny.

The inside of my Comet is very "hollow" right now. Currently honing my welding skills and have a couple of small areas of floor to replace.

Then fix the drivers side hinge post and ...

Then a small cowl fix ...

Then rust bullet the floor ...

Change the interior to black ...

Recover the seats ...

Somehow I don't see being done by January 10th ...

It's OK, I am enjoying the journey through all of this. (y)

7. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet GT, '72 Sprint Mustang Sportroof, '73 Mustang conv, '69 Cougar XR7 conv.
    I will be there, Pony Trails on Friday, show both days, BBQ on Sat night. Not sure about what cars yet. Some guy flew down from Tn this past week and bought my son's '69 Mach 1, which he had planned to bring to the show. I do know I am bringing the black XR7 and the Pinto Sprint. I also have the Sprint Stang registered, but had not planned on bringing it this year. The Cougars usually are next to or very near the Mav/Comets.

The front seats on the Sprint Stang need recovering, too many other projects in the way to purchase the blue lambeth cloth from SMS like Mavaholic has in his Sprint. The back seat is ok, but the fronts need recovering. I tried to buy a good used set of seat covers for the front on Ebay so I could retain the original look but was outbid. The car looks good from a distance, but is not truly show worthy yet. It drives good and I have driven it to work several times. The Pinto Sprint, however, will for sure be there, either driven by me or Ken. It would be nice to have all three there. It would be a first, and only, until I get my Sprint Maverick done. We will see what shakes out.

Jim

8. draggon13

draggon13 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick V8 5 Speed
    Look forward to seeing you again, Jim!

rk

9. j miller

j miller Montana MCCI state rep

Vehicle:
    77 2 door Maverick, 250ci, power disc brakes, a/c,
    jeff- i looked for a blue maverick to trade you but i must have traded it already. i can't locate one. sorry. you might let the other person who offered know so they can bring one to trade. all i can find is red, yellow and white. if someone has an extra green one i would like to buy it.

10. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet GT, '72 Sprint Mustang Sportroof, '73 Mustang conv, '69 Cougar XR7 conv.
    Looking forward to seeing all again. I found out last year why they call her "Hottie". She sure warms up the blood on a cold January morning.

I am still looking for a deluxe gas cap. Perhaps if I bring a set of cable cutters, I might locate one, hmmm. Any ideas, Richard?

Jim

11. draggon13

draggon13 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick V8 5 Speed
    Jeff, I have several blue grabber 1:64's and would trade for any other color, except red. I have TOO MANY of those as well. I plan on packing my extra Mav/Comets with me so if anybody wants to peruse them, feel free. Price what I paid for them, not trying to make any money on them, just was not keeping track of my inventory as I made purchases. Matter of fact I am looking for the Sweet Cherries BLACK 71 Comet, if someone wants to trade or sell let me know, thanks.

Jim, I think I have some deluxe caps, only used ones though, I can bring those and let you pick through if you want.

Fred and Dana, I will have the spoiler holddowns with me as well. I am packing parts today.

rk

p.s. Anybody else looking for small parts??

rk

12. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    Richard,

Actually, I thought you had a nice one on your car last year that was attached by a cable, lol.

Ray,

Looking forward to meeting you this year. It seems we usually share similiar opinions on things. You must be an old fart like me, lol.

Jim

13. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  14. draggon13

draggon13 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick V8 5 Speed
    I figured as much, but was trying to offer up something in such a way to distract you from mine!

rk

15. 72true62D

72true62D Dont Talk To Me Like That

Vehicle:
    72 maverick Grabber 302, 66 Mustang 351w
    Jason, no problem on the blue car, thanks for looking, Yall gonna make it to Old Town on the 20th? One more time for me.
    Richard..I have a 1:64 that aint red but I do have a red one if you change your mind.
    I'm planning on the pony run so mabey we could meet there. Gas is cheap so I'm taking advantage. Anyway who's bringing the bait to silver springs??