1972 Grabber shell

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Yellow72Mavrick, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Jim, there is one thing missing in all your recent posts - outright denial. You haven't denied the allegations made against you by the van forum and all you have said here is that you gave what we gave you to another member. If you were given what we gave you under false pretenses, giving it away and not making a profit on it does not make it all right. I would like to hear an explanation - your side of the story.

Thirty years ago, a superior court judge sentenced an acquaintance of my dad to 20 years for selling stolen property to someone else. "Sam" had been "given" the goods from "someone else" and sold them to friends. The judge said he gave Sam such a long sentence because "anybody that would betray the trust of a friend to the extent to sell them stolen merchandise is within a gnat's fanny of being a murderer." When you betray trust, really, is there anything else you deem worthy of saving about the other person?

You don't think much of us to simply tell us to carry out the "witch hunt" and believe what we want. We deserve more than that. We deserve to know why.

2. CanadianComet

CanadianComet Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet, 2 x 71 Mavericks
    Hmmmm

If the car is still out there, you are the best guys to track it down I hope

3. 302mav76

302mav76 Isaac Serna

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick
    OFF TOPIC:

man, that'd be awesome. Fu Manchu could make a song about that.

4. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    Terry, you are one of the kindest souls on this board. You, I, and many others on this board will not get any of the answers that we are looking for from Jim. His behavior is that of a sociopath. Read a clinical description of a sociopath below and apply the facts as we know them and the attitude of Jim to each description. Some apply - some do not that we know of. But do you see a pattern here? If the shoe fits .............:cry:

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.
    • Glibness and Superficial Charm
    • Manipulative and Conning
      They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
    • Grandiose Sense of Self
      Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
    • Pathological Lying
      Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
    • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
      A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
    • Shallow Emotions
      When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
    • Incapacity for Love
    • Need for Stimulation
      Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
    • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
      Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
    • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
      Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
    • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
      Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
    • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
      Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
    • Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
      Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
    • Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
      Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
    • Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
      Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  5. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Eric,

Yes, I see the pattern, I know what the characteristics are, etc. I'm just wanting Jim to defend himself. To me, the most incriminating evidence against Jim is his lack of defense.

I've met Jim and his wife, listened to him tell heartbreaking stories of his playing Santa Claus at St. Jude's Hospital, and heard him cry over the death of a little girl he met while playing Santa. This guy is one of the best, if not THE best con men I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.

I was holding out for a glimmer of hope for Jim, but it was the hope that a wet string of spaghetti could keep me from falling off the mountain.

6. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    Wow, this is unbelievable! I just read the vanning forum, all 13 pages, and all the links to old posts from our board, twice. I didn't donate anything back then, because at that time I wasn't sure what I had that would be needed to finish my car. It makes me wonder, after reading how simular both stories on both forums were, what really happened to the Maverick and the van that were supposedly stolen in the first place? Were they sold before the story was told? And like those guys on the van board, I wonder if the same story was used on the motorcycle and guitar and gun boards? And to think, Wayne and some other guys met this guy in person, and didn't catch on. I guess if a person wants to be dishonest, they will figure out a way to fool you into believing that they are on the up and up.....It makes me sick to think that we all got taken. Maybe we can all learn a lesson from all this.....before we pitch in to help somebody out this much, verify with other members close by that everything is as stated as much as we possible can, then procede with caution....

7. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    I have been in contact with Chuck - Inline6 - tonight. Here is a direct quote from Chuck - no hear say ................

"just for the recod phoenix was NOT given to me.it was SOLD to me for $400 and not all the parts went with it.alot of them stayed to be put on his sons maverick.my brother can verify this as he was with me.after a 12 1/2 drive one way,i bought phoenix,and he bought a 77 4 door off of jim.............. charlie."

I do thank Chuck for stepping up and answering some of my (your) questions about Phoenix. I also know several of you have a trader problem going on with Chuck and I do not want this thread hijacked to address those issues. Please do not hijack this thread

:(

8. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Thank you Eric for finding out the truth about Project Phoenix.

I guess that seals the deal as to whether or not Jim is guilty of misleading us, guilty as charged.

I hope this sheds some light for him that he needs help, sometimes all a person needs is to be caught at his scam. If his heart wasnt bad when he said it was then it should be broken now for sure.

9. Dodge Vanner

Dodge Vanner New Member

Vehicle:
    1991 Dodge Van
    WOW. Thats all I can say. I can't believe he pulled this off here as well as at our own site. You should really try and gather evidence against him, just in case. I've been silently following this here, and reading some of his past crapola. It's nice to know that other automotive enthusists join together to help out there own. Its just a shame that you had to be rooked the way we were. I lost a small amount of cash, but am donating it back to our forums. At least I know its going to a very worthy cause.

Take care ya'll, and lets hope J. gets what is coming to him.....Brad

10. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    My wet spaghetti noodle of hope just broke.:mad:

11. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    He needs more than help, to take advantage of people kindness is not right!! and then to profit from it??? I could say alot more, but I'm being nice.

12. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    Did Chuck say what became of Phoenix?

13. Jesse Red Horse

Jesse Red Horse New Member

Vehicle:
    Don't own one yet
    New guy from Vanning.com

Greetings,

My name is Jesse Red Horse and I'm a member from the Vanning web site.

I have registered here to read what our "friend" Jim was up too over here and to say that the folks over at Vanning.com are the best bunch of guys and girls I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, on the web and at a van meet.

These folks would give their shirts off their backs in a blizzard to someone in need and now to see the evil that was paid back for them showing their big hearts just sickens me too no end.

I was personally effected by BJs evil hand he knows what I've extended too him as a "brother" and the endless prayers that were said on his behalf could have gone to someone else in need.

He claimed to be a Clergy man, a musician, a vanner, a friend and a Native American Brother, after contacting the Tribes in his area they did not know this man and stated that they would keep an eye out for him and contact me when and if he came around there.

I do not feel bad for myself or my wife but for my friends at Vanning.com whom he has hurt and to those who could have benifited from the help of the vanners while he was using up peoples extra cash to help himself.

Jim if you read this, give yourself up and try and make ammends.

And the cross that I sent too you for the loss of your wife please give it away to someone who really needs it or drop it off at a church, you have tainted something scared and it does not belong in your care.

sorry to introduce myself on such a sour note.

I can see what I've been reading here that you folks also have a tight knit group of people who share the same passions much like our group on the Vanning.com site.

I'am familiar with Comets as my mom drove one for many years while I was a pre teen, we had some great times in that little car and reading some of the posts here brought back many fond memories.

I'll stay enrolled here so that I can read some more about these cars and who knows maybe some day I might just find one.

I owned a 64 Ford fairlane 2 door hard top not log ago and told myself that someday I'd buy another classic to build, who knows, I'd concider a comet for sure.

thanks for posting the warning here reguarding BJ.

Hey Jim, you know how to reach me, anything you wish to say about these alligations?

Take care folks and I wish we could have met under better circumstances.
    Jess Red Horse, Tribal Member of the Northern Blackfeet Nation.

14. Jesse Red Horse

Jesse Red Horse New Member

Vehicle:
    Don't own one yet
    I'd like too add that if anyone has purchased parts off this man you may want too check them against a "Hot sheet" in his state before you get bagged for recieveing stolen merchandise.
    I would!

15. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Collection of Mavericks and Comets
    Ouch.....

That's what I was told too.

Hang around here long and you'll end up with one. :thumbs2:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.