2012 Roundup in Dearborn Michigan! here are the details!

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by mavtricks, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    O.K. folks......it is SHOW DAY!!! Beautiful weather today, no rain, come on out!!

2. G3blues

G3blues Member

Vehicle:
    1972 maverick sprint 302
    Just got back and wanted to say that I had a great time. Even without my car I had a blast. Thanks to all those who put this on and all those who provided some much needed parts. I had a great time chatting with all of you and found that everyone was super friendly. It was nice to put some faces to the screen names and hope to make it back with my car next time.

Ted

3. doncomfort

doncomfort MCCI Membership Director

Vehicle:
    74 maverick convertible, 72 Sprint
    What an awesome event! I had a blast meeting people, seeing their rides and cruising telegraph rd! Can't wait til next year!

4. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Wow what a day! I left my room at 7:00 am, and just got back (11:49pm)
    I'd like to personally thank all the Michigan guys for hosting such an awesome Roundup!! You guys are 1st class all the way! :thumbs2:

5. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Had a great time this past week!! Congrats to the event staff and planners for putting on a very enjoyable Roundup!

6. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    Had an awesome time. Was great to finally put faces to names. Everyone was super friendly. Wife & I had a wonderful time. Was great to be back home. Things sure have changed in 20+ years. Was fun cruising Telegraph Rd after the car show. Can't wait to be able to go again. Was great to make new friends. Thanks to all that were involved in putting on this event. That will be a hard act to follow...

7. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Sunday morning in the hotel. Getting ready to go down for breakfast. Yes, it was great meeting all the new faces, as well as the old faces. The Michigan folks sure know how to roll out the hospitality.

I will post more pictures in the gallery when I get home.

8. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    I just woke up....

9. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Quite the event. Well planned and well executed. Had a wonderful time. Big thanks to the Michigan team for raising the bar. Really nice crowd and cars. Got to meet some long unmet people and make new live in person friendships. And as always, wonderful to see the incredible friends I have made and continue to make. See ya next year, God willing.
    Dan

10. maverickdvm

maverickdvm Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    69.5 Mav 393C super gas car(work in progress), 72 2-door Mav 351C street/strip 1/4 mile car, 70 Grabber 302 pure stock drag project, 72 Grabber 351W, 74 4 dr Comet 302, 70 Grabber 300i6 project, 69.5 200i6 Stock, 71 Grabber 302 Stock
    Really glad we could bring out "Clifford" to hang out with Mavericks and Comets this year. Turns out I still remember some of the stuff I used to know about these cars......
    Now I am all recharged to get working on a project.....now which of these 7 should we give attention to......
    Thanks to all that made the Roundup possible,
    Sarah

11. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Yup Sarah you know alot about Mavericks for sure. Sarah won the Maverick trivia quiz. The Roundup does give you inspiration to get out and work on the car.

12. doncomfort

doncomfort MCCI Membership Director

Vehicle:
    74 maverick convertible, 72 Sprint
    Had a good trip home, no problems. Hope everyone gets home safe. Can't say enough about the amazing experience! Thanks again to all involved in putting on such a fantastic event!

13. NICK DOMINICK

NICK DOMINICK MCCI Virginia State rep.

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber 302, 1973 Maverick my first car that is under restoration, 1972 Grabber and 1976 Maverick parts cars, 2012 Mustang GT, 2001 Lightning
    Thanks to everyone responsible for putting on such a great event. Spookie and I made it back home safe and sound after a 9 hour drive getting 22 mpg. Not bad for a 40 year old close to stock v8. Dennis and I left at 2:40 am and I am still winding down from an action packed week. I miss everyone!!!

14. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    Had fun doing the Telegraph cruise. Got on I-96 to head to my brothers & blew the header gasket on the passenger side. Very embarassing having a loud exhaust leak. Stopped @ O'Reilly's on the way home ordered a new set. Came in this afternoon. Had it replaced in an hour. Ready for my trip back to Pittsburgh on Wednesday. The only other problem so far was a transmission leak. The upper coolant line on the tran worked loose. Just had to tighten it & add more fluid. Glad the problems have been little ones & cheap to fix.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  15. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    We made it home safe and sound as well. WOW!! What a great Roundup Nationals!!! Saw some old faces I haven't seen in years. It was great to see them and catch up. And all the new faces as well!! The cars were great, but the people were better!!