2012 Roundup in Dearborn Michigan! here are the details!

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by mavtricks, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    Thanks for all your help Dale. My wife & I appreciated it alot. You made us feel welcome & at home. The minor problem I had was a loose trans cooler line leaking. Easy fix. Thanks for your concern. Hope you made it to the Roush tour in time.

2. DAB

DAB MAVERICK/COMET ENTHUSIAST

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT V8, 1972 Maverick Grabber V8, 1972 Maverick Sprint V8, 1974 Maverick Drag-N-Fly V8, 1972 Maverick 4-door V8, & 1977 Comet 4-door I6. Also a 1969 T-Bird 429-V8
    What a great Roundup! Thanks to all the Michiganders for all their hospitality!

Didn't want it to end so soon, so on Sunday, Dale and Lauralea and I checked out the new car display at the Henry Ford--very impressive! Oh, and yes: We ate at a great place with BBQ ribs! Thanks for tagging along with us, Dale!

Got home yesterday after a few days in KY exploring caves and touring a couple of the bourbon distilleries. Round trip was 3266 miles, most of which I was closely followed by a funny looking green Maverick. Even put a little over 400 miles on the Drag-N-Fly at the Roundup!

Looking forward to next year already!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  3. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    I had a blast doing the Telegraph cruise. The Stallion got a little hot (220) so I only made one loop. The bumper to bumper was pretty intense heading south I saw cars that had obviously overheated. Headed north and it cooled down right away. Bought a fan shroud from Craig at Roundup. Seems like I always buy a few things at Roundup. Part of the reason I go. Parts Parts PARTS!!

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

Myself, Nick, and Dave made one lap at the telegraph cruise in my blue 1976 4-door. That was all we had time for....it was packed. Saw one car that veered off the road and into the crowd. I am pretty sure nobody got hurt...but the driver was sprawed on the hood being held there by the cops!!!

5. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    I took a video of it, but since we were amazed at the number of people, and cars..most of the language is acceptable...:D It's one hell of a cruise.