2013 MCCI Roundup Nationals Location Announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by Craig Selvey, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

It was in the last newsletter.

2. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

will this be in a safe area?.....I've heard there has been a lot of Chupacabra activity in that part of Texas , I'd hate for someone to get bitten, the treatment process is very difficult :D

and , just so I'm adding something constructive- the Salt Lick has a great atmosphere.

and Craig- you may want to post the itinerary sometime if you want more potenial guest to your event, instead of just for those in the club to see.:Handshake

3. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    I was hopeing for the same.. The answer I got was a little surprising to me. Short and blunt. I am sure it wasn't intentional or ment that way though..

4. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Don't you get the newsletter? If not, it'll be on the Facebook page eventually.

5. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

It's not MY event. It is an event for MCCI members. As Dave stated, it was and will continue to be in the newsletter, and he will post it on Facebook and on the MCCI website. Some details are still be worked out, I am sure. Not trying to be short and blunt, just accurate with the information I have.

6. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

sorry to put you on the defensive Craig, I never stated it was your "event" just seemed that since you post several updates, and so on, that it might have been in your clubs interest to have the itinerary listed here- whenever that it's in suitable form to post ...and not everyone may get the newsletter or on facebook that may be considering going.

I'm sorry to have also made the assumption that this event was open to everyone; I know it is for club members, but since it's promoted as a family event,and all over the board here, I assumed that you (as in- "your club") would have this open to any and all that would attend it.
    I dont know either of the clubs policies or proceedures, as I'm not a member with any. I'm just going by what I read, if my interpretation is incorrect, so be it.

now before I get anyones feathers ruffled, I'm not trying to stir the pot or start and this club-that club crap .
    it just seemed to me that especially in these economic times that any club would want to be as open as possible to participants regardless of affiliations.

good luck with your event.I'm sure Doug will do a great job.

7. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:

I am not being defensive, just trying to be accurate. It is not MY club. At one time the MCCI was MY club, strictly and only from a legal stand point. That is no longer the case. When referring to this club, don't call it "your club", just refer to it as the MCCI.

This event, as it has been for last 20 years, is put on by MCCI members for MCCI members. For $10, anybody can be an MCCI member, and that automatically includes their immediate family members.

Yes, it is tough economic times. But without membership...the MCCI would not exist. If the MCCI did not exist, then there would be NO Roundup Nationals. In these tough times, and in good times for that matter, the MCCI has to make sure that it still exists for years and years to come. How the MCCI does that is to make sure it still has membership. All car clubs that I am aware of follow this simple policy.

The MCCI does not exist just on a message board or on a facebook page. I know I personally contact MCCI members on an almost daily basis by phone and email. If anybody has any questions regarding the MCCI, I would suggest they contact a representative either by email, or even by phone, as most members are not on here.

Yes, Doug will do a fine job. And I am sure he would appreciate additional help and assistance and I would encourage people to contact him directly in regards to that.

8. drag460

drag460 T-Shirt guy

Vehicle:
    70 & 72 Grabbers, '80 Mustang w/460, '57 RanchWagon 2DR
    I haven't been a member for many years, but this is the closest the Roundup has been to me... would be fun to drive the mav out there! I'm in texas (barely) and it's an 8.5 hour drive. Hmmmm...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  9. Craig Selvey

Vehicle:

That is awesome. Glad to hear it!!

:thumbs2:

10. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    No newsletter.. Currently not a member.. That's why I don't know the current details. :oops:

11. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    10 bucks...come on....

12. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    You going to Austin?

13. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    I want to....23 hrs one way, not really longer than my trip to Florida.

14. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    If you don't go how you gonna get your 10 bucks? :biglaugh:jk

15. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    You can PayPal the 10 bucks, it's easy! I even do it, and pay the ripoff exchange rate, the Canadian dollar is even or just below the American dollar, and PayPal still charges me 34 cents!!! (but it's worth it!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.