Arkansas meet info

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by Wes, May 10, 2005.

1. Yellow72Mavrick

Yellow72Mavrick Banned

Vehicle:
    1977 maverick 2 door ( my sons) 250 c4
    mini meet

Well its thursday, just 2 days til the Great Toad Suck MCCI Mini Meet. Tune up your shorthorns and get ready to corral them critters at pavilion number 1 at the toad Suck Park. I hope all of you coming have a great time, be careful on the roads, safety is a factor. The weather looks like it will cooperate with us...sunny and hot, bring your coolers, water etc. We are gona cook out and enjoy ourselves. I am staying over for the races saturday night, hope to see some of you at the track. Mini swapmeet for those who want to join in,,,I can always use some good parts. Remember as I said no alcohol please and lets have a good time. Wes has supplied us with a number of new MCCI Dash Plaques, very nice looking and Craig sent us the official MCCI Banner. Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday morning...Jim(y)

2. Andysutt

Andysutt '72 Comet GT

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet GT
    hehe goin thru my old threads and found this one... been over a year since we had this meet... Sure was fun

3. Bum's_Steer

Bum's_Steer Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 2-dr. (Grabber clone) 1970 Maverick 2-dr.
    Any plans for another Arkansas mini-meet this summer or fall?

4. Andysutt

Andysutt '72 Comet GT

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet GT
    Last year Jim (yellow72mavrick) and myself set it up and everything.
    I don't plan on throwing another one anytime soon... as I dont post her as often, and my car isnt finished. But once I get it finished Id be more than happy to help set one up.
    As far as someone else throwing it... that's up to them, but Id definately show up for one.

5. Bum's_Steer

Bum's_Steer Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 2-dr. (Grabber clone) 1970 Maverick 2-dr.
    Well, last year, neither of mine were running either, but I was all ready to load at least one up on a trailer to bring along.....all that went to heck when we had to go to Cali to move my mother-in-law cross country to come live with us, so I missed the meet.

:slap:

My Mavs still aren't running yet (home renovations to make M-I-L comfortable) but I'd definately like to see another Arkansas meet in the future. It might inspire some of us with "down" cars to kick it in and get 'em on the road again.

If anyone's looking for a good cruise/meet spot, Blanchard Springs Caverns State Park and the Ozark Folk Center is a beautiful area, and the Folk Center is used for several car shows every summer, so they'd probably be cool to work with on something.....just a thought :rolleyes:

6. Rando76

Rando76 Member

Vehicle:
    Collection of Mavericks and Comets
    Last years Toad Suck Park meet was fun. If any of you can make it, the Oklahoma mini-meet will be in Pryor, OK (NE of Tulsa).