Dixie Maverick Mini-Meet - May 4/5/6

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by dmhines, Mar 29, 2007.

1. M.A.V.

M.A.V. Yep,my real initials.

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber Maverick,1966 Fairlane GT Pro Street
    OK ,The weather channel websight says 60% for Macon so I figured it was the same for Hampton.

2. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    The weekend weatherman for the NBC affiliate in Atlanta used to be the weather guy for WMAZ 13 in Macon - Chris Holcombe. But, I digress.

If it rains, we can go to Summit and Frank can give us an extensive tour of his store.

3. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Accuweather is saying spotty thunderstorms ... gonna be a typical GA hit or miss stormcloud type of weekend it seems ... the current radar shows more of a popcorn effect ...not a front moving through ...

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  4. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    To hell with all the rain talk boys...I am HERE at the motel NOW!!! Everybody better not bail out on me because of a few rain drops now. I'll get up about 7-8 in the morning, grab a bite of breakfast, and head on to the track. Is anybody else going to be there that early? I think most everybody has my cell...give me a call when you get there if you see me.

5. dmhines

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Ray ... I will be at the track around 6:30 AM ... leaving my house at 5:00 AM ... I'll snag an area for the Mavericks. If you want to come by and drop off your car ... Colton and I will go out to breakfast with you. Ray ... how is the hotel? They have internet? I'll bring my laptop if they do ...

6. littleredtoy

littleredtoy Seth

Vehicle:
    '74 Comet GT
    I hope the weather is good to you guys.
    Good luck. Take lots of pics.

Seth

7. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    i will be up about 9ish...(y) i am going to hold off on reg. untill we get the rain settled :yup:

see you tomorrow :Handshake

...:cool: ...

8. das351965

das351965 Member

Vehicle:
    2-71 mav 1-71 grabber and 75 4dr parts car
    We Are Here Now, Be At The Track Around 9 Ish

9. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Dan just called from the track. He said they have a real good spot set up for the Mavericks. I'm still trying to get my crew out of bed at 8:14. Man, some people think they should just sleep all day. Hopefully I'll be there in about an hour. :yahoo:

10. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Ray; be there tonight about 6:30p. Have to work, you know. Takes me about 2hrs to get to the hotel. Are we meeting for dinner anywhere? Might be a good thing to do. Later,

11. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    I just got home, delivered in Tucker, Ga this morning. Waiting on brother in law to get off at 2:00 pm CDT, then we will be heading over that way. See ya'll in the morning, unless I run ito some of ya'll at the hotel tonight....

12. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    We arrived at the hotel about 10:30 EDT. They screwed up our reservations, supposed to have had two rooms with king size beds plus a roll away for my son, we ended up with one room with a king size and one with three double beds. [Who recomended this place? :rofl2: ] We took the triple and let brother in law and sister in law have the king. Saw Earl's car parked, but haven't got up with anybody yet. Wife is PIZZED at the hotel, made'em give us a discount since they screwed up. Looking for a better day tommorrow!(y)

13. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Okay, we had a real good day today. The weather was fine, no rail whatsoever. It was overcast all day and even a little on the cool side. We got to see plenty of beautiful cars and some awesome nostalgia drag racing with some very famous cars. I have taken lots of photos but I can't post them right now. I'm still at the motel and we have to go back tomorrow morning.
    We did have 6 Mavericks which was decent. Our cars got lots of attention as always. Well, I got a long day ahead of me tomorrow so I'm heading to bed right now. I'll catch you guys again tomorrow night, hopefully with some pics.

14. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    You know what they say....."You should have been there!" We got home about 8 pm CDT. As Ray said, 6 Mavs in a row, had the pleasure to meet Ray and his wife, das351965 and his wife, and edwardsj{?}, and of course it was good to see Terry, Dan, Frank, Mike,and Earl again {Hope I didn't leave anybody out, if I did I apoligise}. Lots of nice cars, more FORDs than anything else (y) , got to see Dyno Don's Mav :thumbs2: Here's a few shots of the Mavs.....Sorry the last two are a little fuzzy, the lighting inside the building made it hard to get a clear pic.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  15. dmhines

Vehicle:
    Just got home from the speedway. Was a nice place to meet ... but car show turned out to be pretty lame. The threat of rain and thunderstorms really kept most folks from coming out. The registration booth had a large box of envelopes for pre-registered cars that never showed up. It rained a little both Friday and Saturday night (late .. like 2:00 AM) ... but never rained at the track. Very good weather ...I actually have sunburn.

Thanks to all the Maverick die-hards that showed up. I left my house without my camera but Ray came to the rescue ... actually Ray and Don took a ton of pictures that I am looking forward to seeing.

Lot of famous cars on display and also drag racing. There was a NASCAR Driving Experience going on this weekend so we got to see some of that racing too. Even Dyno Don's Maverick made a couple of runs down the track.

Thanks again to all you guys (and ladies) that showed up ...