Dixie Maverick Mini-Meet - May 4/5/6

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by dmhines, Mar 29, 2007.

1. das351965

das351965 Member

Vehicle:
    2-71 mav 1-71 grabber and 75 4dr parts car
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  2. M.A.V.

M.A.V. Yep,my real initials.

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber Maverick,1966 Fairlane GT Pro Street
    We all had a great time. Frank,Terry ,James ,and I went to Summit
    after the show and James bought some rear end gears and a mini spool for one of his cars. We made it home with no rain so it was a good day.

3. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Well, I made it home safe and sound. Got in about 8 pm. Ran into one very small shower coming home. It was actually chasing us from Atlanta I believe. It caught us when we stopped for gas. I got back on the road and got out of it pretty quick. We really did enjoy the weekend. It's always great to visit with other Maverickers...yes, even Terry. Like Dan said, the show turnout wasn't that great but there was plenty to see with all the old famous race cars there. I told the guys when I first got there and saw some of the cars that I felt kinda bad having a small block. I have never, ever seen so many FE big blocks in on place in my life. There was some BADASS vintage (and famous) cars there. I'll try to get my pics uploaded for everyone to see by tomorrow but I'm too worn out to do it for now. Even Linda Vaughn (Ms Hurst) was ther doing autographs beside a lot of the cars. Dan and I thought about asking her to pose beside our cars but reconsidered. There was something about those huge saggy boobs that just did absolutely nothing for us. :cool:
    Oh well, gotta go for now. More updates tomorrow.

4. littleredtoy

littleredtoy Seth

Vehicle:
    '74 Comet GT
    I took a pic of Linda at the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame show.

[​IMG]
    Hell, as long as she has been around, and can still draw a crowd...I applaude her.

5. mleega1

mleega1 MAVERICK MARK

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick 2015 F150 2003 Explorer
    It was great to meet everyone there! Me and my son had a great time, and I made it home in time for my date with my wife! All of your cars were awesome!! It gave me some new energy to finish my ride! :thumbs2: Hope every one is doing well and see you all next event!:tiphat:

6. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Well...I had a lousy time. Right off the bat, Frank wanted to know if I brought "that hat." Then, all the others chimed in and commented about "that hat." "That hat" was at home and I still got my chops busted. The worst part of the show was when I learned that I didn't own "any Mavericks;" I only owned "parts." James tried to be my friend for a little while, but finally succumbed to evil influences of the others.

It was great beign being with the all guys except Ray, Frank, Dan, Mike, James, Donovan, and Bobby's wife. She started picking on me immediately. She hit me for not brigning wife before I could explain that she was working a curriculum show. Earl stayed my friend. I like Earl.

Actually, it was a great time. Seeing all the old vintage racers was something. I saw more 427 SOHC's in one place than ever before. I studied Dyno Don's Maverick and saw that a similar front-end job could be done like his to put a 460 in a Maverick (for drag racing only). He made new, very shallow shock towers and used coil overs. It made the coil overs just about straight up and not with the angle of the stock shocks and springs. If a cammer could fit in between this modification, so could a 460. I wouldn't want to drive it on the street, but I think it would work for a drag car.

There was a bunch of old racers from the '60s and early '70s there. All I could think of when I saw them was, "Man, you've gotten old."

Regardless of the weather and the show not living up to prior billing, it was just great being with all the guys and gals. It was a great time.

7. M.A.V.

Vehicle:
    I`ve always liked your Hat... it has Character.

8. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    :rofl2: Yeah...a cartoon character!!!

9. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Mike is my friend; Ray is not.

Everybody's Friend But Frank's and Ray's,
    Terry

10. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Mike's just being nice to you. He's obviously wanting you to give him your spare Maverick parts since you're not going to use them...which would leave you with no cars at all. :cool:

11. M.A.V.

Vehicle:
    Thought I`d share a few of my favorite quotes from the meet...

Frank to me-- "Don`t park your SCOOP next to me, that scoop is all anyone ever looks at!"

Terry to me later that day-- "Nice Scoop"

" When they give directions at this track they NEVER tell you to turn RIGHT"

Me to Frank and James-- "Wow they`ve got Hooter girls checking tickets" (refering to the VERY senior Ladies at the ticket gate)

Terry to Ray after the group pic with Frank at one end-- "Awe you got FRANK in it!"

Frank to James during our ride to breakfast. "This car needs windshield wipers on the INSIDE!" ( James had loaned the car to a relative who hauls a Labrador around in it) (not a Maverick)

Frank to the waitress at Ryans-- "Whats on the senior menu?"

Me to Frank --"Soft stuff thats easy to chew" (Waitress lost her composure)

Me to Frank,James,and Dan at the table in Ryans--"Rick book should be here ...he`s missing out on this fish flavored corn!"
    (Frank called Rick at FFW in Texas right away to invite him for some)

Me to Terry after the scoop complement--"Thanks...I plan to build a CAR under it someday."

Girl at the registration desk after Frank had just sneezed --" You are the only person I`ve ever seen who sneezes the way I do... Come here and Let me shake your hand!"

Think about that last one for a minute. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  12. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Terry: "Earl, you want me take your picture with Linda Vaughn?"

Earl: "Nanh. She's gotten a little long in the tooth - too old."

Terry: "And, you?"

Earl: "Shut up."

13. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Ah yes...in case anyone wants to see what M.A.V.'s car looks like. (y)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  14. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Here's a few of the pics I took (over 200 in all)
    I'll post the rest on webshots or something so everyone can see them.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  15. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Here's a few more:
    The seven guys in pic 4 got banned from the track for throwing beer cans at the cars on the track! You can see the look on their face...they still can't believe it! (especially the little short one, I think he cracked Dyno Dons windshield)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014