Drag Racing at Round-Up....

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by Craig Selvey, Jan 30, 2003.

1. FredH

FredH Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick
    I'm coming up from FL and will pick up 65 in Nashville. I'll be leaving early Wednesday aftrnoon which will put me in your neck of the woods early Thursday morning. I we time it well enough, I may be able to pull over and catch a few Zzzz's before we meet.

2. FredH

FredH Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick
    I'm coming up from FL and will pick up 65 in Nashville. I'll be leaving early Wednesday aftrnoon which will put me in your neck of the woods early Thursday morning. I we time it well enough, I may be able to pull over and catch a few Zzzz's before we meet.

3. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    Sounds great Fred, If you need a place to rest and shower, you can stop by the house. I am not too far off the interstate!

4. CometGT1974

CometGT1974 Gearhead

Vehicle:
    74 Comet GT
    I got the new bearings, brakes and tires on my trailer last night so that's one less thing to worry about!!! I'm gonna bring a couple of old tires i've got mounted on some old rims, whoever is brave enough can slap them on and do us a BIG burnout!!!!!!!

5. CometGT1974

CometGT1974 Gearhead

Vehicle:
    74 Comet GT
    I just went on mapquest and it says to take 75 North toward lexington.....it also says it will take about 8 hrs, does that sound right??

6. MaverickRunner

MaverickRunner Member

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick 302
    8 hours seems long, was thinking it took 4 hours to the smokies in Tenn. and 12-14 hours to Florida from Louisville KY. Amazed the map software doesnt take you on up 75 to Cinc. Ohio then 75 to Interstate 70 west into Indiana.

7. MaverickRunner

MaverickRunner Member

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick 302
    Forgot....make sure you throw in your tuning and timing tools so you can tune my car also:D

8. FredH

FredH Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick
    Thanks for the offer, John, but I will probably be in good shape by the time we hit KY.

I think those who will be able to convoy together ought to arrange a time/place and exchange numbers.

9. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    MaverickRunner, what time was you planning on leaving? I know your are going to drag race, so if you can figure out what time we need to meet in Scottsburg, have time for lunch and get to New Castle I would appreciate it.

10. MaverickRunner

MaverickRunner Member

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick 302
    Well the racing starts at 5:00pm. I am guessing here, it takes about 1 1/2 (in a car) from Scottsburg to Indy, Indy to New Castle about 30 minutes. I checked this with Mappoint and it says total 2 hrs and 7 minutes. So my guess with pulling a trailer its going to take 2 1/2 hours from Scottsburg to the HOTEL. I think Craig said that the track is 30 minutes north of the motel.

So I am guessing if we meet in Scottsburg at 12:00 pm (SLOW TIME), I think New Castle is slow time also, this will give us some time. Should make the motel by 3:30 TO 4:00 PM at the latest. We can get checked in at the motel and the be at the dragstrip by 5:00 pm. IF anyone thinks this is cutting it to close then we can meet at a differnet time. May want to meet at 12:00 anyways for time to eat.

Fom coming from the south into Scottsburg exit on State Route 56 and go west or left. We can meet in Wal-marts parking lot and then walk to a place to eat. There is Wendys,McDonalds and a few other places right there.

Let me know what you think of this......:)
    You can email me also...tstevenson_98@yahoo.com

Maverick5946 are you racing this Saturday 6/21 ath Ohio Valley? I was thinking of coming down to watch the street cars (wish I could run with them).

Todd

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  11. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I would want to leave the hotel at 4:00pm Indiana (Slow) Time. That gives us plenty of time to get to the track, get pulled in, pay, unload, and RUNNUN 'EM!!!

12. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    4:00pm Indiana (Slow) Time

Craig, is your "slow" time the same as Eastern time?

13. FredH

FredH Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick
    Fortunately it's Central time.

14. FredH

FredH Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick
    MaverickRunner,

I got stuck at the exit you are describing in Scottsburg on my way up last year with a trailer isssue. It took me 3 hrs. to drive from their to New Castle. However, the bypas ss outside of INDY was closed down and I had to hit 70 in Indy (which addd quite a bit of time to my trip).

My point is that we should plan for a little time buffer in case traffic or some other circumstance creeps up.

15. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    Fortunately it's Central time

So, it's an hour behind Eastern Daylight Savings time? Why was it refered to as "slow"?