Going to the Georgia Mini-Meet? (aka Dixie Roundup) ..

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by dmhines, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Well, if you don't count the 60+ years of experience my grandpa has who was sitting there with me the entire time... :rolleyes:

Why don't you explain the dangers and tell me what I am doing wrong. Do you not trust a floor jack for a few seconds every time you jack a car up to put a jack stand under it? How long does it take to position a jack stand and set it to the correct height anyways? It's hard to get hurt by assumptions that guys on the internet make up when they see something wrong in a picture. Then I get called dissrespectful when I try to explain what was really going on. Right.

Where did I cuss?

Sorry that it gets to me that everytime I do something to my car people get on my case when they don't even know what was going on when I took the pic. It was just a general pic to show what I have been up to. I figgured it would go without saying that I wasn't under the car when the pic was taken. Common sense? ...

I never claimed to know everything, not sure where that came from. I will take the advice of a family member who has been doing this stuff since the 1940's over some sarcastic guy on the internet that I have never met. I have plenty of respect for my elders, but my elders elders advice will be taken over anything else.

Craig, I appologize if you feel that I got on your case to much. I just thoguht you were being sarcastic like some other guys around here. I always welcome constructive criticism.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Go fight in your own thread! :coco:

3. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    They started it. :lolup:

4. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Just got back to the motel from the track...saw some fantastic racing this afternoon. Rick Porter has an awesome car guys...it looks great and that s.o.b. is FAST.

I really hate that you guys didn't get to make it today. I felt mighty lonely out there. Donavan and myself were the only two Mavericks in our area and we were parked away from the rest of the cars. I eventually moved my car closer to the show field since I was showing it. I hope everything works out good tomorrow for everyone. I would hate to know I drove 450 miles for a Maverick meet that never happened. Well, gonna hit the sack...will see most of you guys at breakfast. :drink:

5. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    Jamie...I was not be sarcastic. I was asking a legimate question. Not only for your safety...but also because others might see those pictures and thing that is the way to do it. I have seen hydraullic jacks fail...and I have seen theose cement blocks break.

Now back to the thread at hand. I hope it works out for you guys today.

6. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    it did (y) ...frank...:bouncy:

7. dmhines

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
  8. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Cool! (y)

Looks like some fun in the sun!

Thanks for the share.

9. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    We had a great time. I enjoyed Bull $hittin' with everyone, 'specially Frank. ;) We stayed all the way through the last race, left around 6. Was the last Mav sitting there. :) Wasn't planning to stay that long, but my Aunt and Uncle came down from NC this morning and showed up out of the blue, so we stayed there as long as they did.

Was hopeing to see you there Wayne, old buddy. :tiphat: :wave:

10. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    :cry: :cry: :cry: i tried it again and it locked up. i don't need no stinking pictures
    i was there !!!...frank...:bouncy:

11. M.A.V.

M.A.V. Yep,my real initials.

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber Maverick,1966 Fairlane GT Pro Street
    Every one had a great time:) I enjoyed talking to everyone and the weather was just about "perfect".(y)

Dan, The pics look great ...But my computer locked up 3 times while I was looking at them though and I had to re-boot :huh:

12. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    I saw the pictures just fine...even though there was not one of me. :cry: Evidently you had to have a car there to be counted and get your picture taken. :rolleyes: Maybe y'all's computers are locking up at the point where it is expecting to find a picture of me.:biglaugh:

13. fan2488

fan2488 Member

Vehicle:
    1969.5 maverick, 1972 grabber
    looked like fun. thanks for the pictures

14. dmhines

Vehicle:
    Terry went MIA for about 4 hours .... Earl said he probably fell asleep while watching the race so we figured we'd let him rest before we sent out a search party ... all the pictures were taken during his dissappearance act .... :)

15. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Probably my pic locking the computers up. It's like "looking in a mirror". It just cracks me up. :rolleyes: But not as much as some people!

Next year I'll have 2 cars out there, possibly 3. :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006