Hedman Header #88-400, works great!!!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Corbin Johnson, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    I just had an exhaust system put on my Maverick with #88-400 Headers. There was some controversy over whether or not they will fit. They fit between the shock towers and everything else. Some people were saying that the driver's collector angle was off (it probably is for a Mav) but it works great. The people only had to put a little dimple in the exhaust pipe to clear the pitman arm. Other than that, everything was absolutly perfect! I am excited. Nothing like the sound of 2 chamber 40 series Flowmasters!!
    -Corbin Johnson :) :D

2. 19FordMav72

19FordMav72 Guest

congratulations on your new headers;)

3. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Headman Headers

Corbin; thanks for the info. I am considering using these headers instead of the long tubes, to get a little ground clearance and clean things up under the car. The root of all evil is long tube headers under the car, can't work on anything...ie starter. Thanks again,
    Earl

4. K. Merring

K. Merring Regular

Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT
    Good deal Corbin. When I did my job, I fitted 2-1/4 " pipe and wanted more clearence to work around and get to the flange bolts eaiser as well as the OX sensors and a very small dimple, is why I reangled my the outlets.

5. Corbin Johnson

Corbin Johnson Member

Vehicle:
    73 LDO, 72 Sprint, 70 Grabber.
    I had 2 1/4 put in as well, but I don't have oxygen sensors, and the dimple (very small) doesn't bother me because the stock ones had a couple big dimples on the exaust anyway. I definitly have more flow now. Talk to you later.
    -Corbin

6. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    Yeah I'm sure those would work better then the Long Tube Headers headman makes. I wasn't that happy when them. But if your looking for good fitting long tubes Hookers SuperComps make a nice fitting set. Used all the same size bolts and very nicely made. But you will still have to drop the passenger header off to get the tranny out and as far as the starter thats the same o' dealeo. But i'm sure most of you al ready knwo that one.

But good deal there on the info :)

7. mavman

mavman Member

Vehicle:
    '75 Maverick, '03 super duty, '04 Mustang Vee-six!
    I have no problems with the starter on my '74 with Hedman long-tubes. It can be taken out in less than 5 minutes. You still have to remove the pass. side to remove the transmission, but we've gotten trans swaps down to under an hour on our '75 bracket car. That was before we changed to the 351 of course. All in all, I'm happy with the long-tubes, nice power, nice sound, not bad to work with. Of course, I've never messed with shorty headers, so I'm not really comparing apples to apples.

8. david targhetta

david targhetta member

Vehicle:
    1977 maverick w/ 302 V-8
    hooker headers

I have a '77 302 and the hooker headers seem to be the only ones I can find that are listed for my car (it has the air injection crap) here is the link. I was wondering whether any of you guys know whether these are any good or not.

9. rocky robles

rocky robles New Member

Vehicle:
    maverick
    are there hedders for 6's?

i'm looking for a hedder for my 70' Ive had her for 20 years and want to give it a little kick. This makes my sons happy. as well as me. I dont have a whole lot to spend,but a little at a time will do. this is the first time i've logged on to this site. so maybe i'll find other things to do to the ol gal.