IOLA WI. Swap Meet July 16-18 any one else going?

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by mrskydog, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mrskydog

mrskydog Ford Fan Living The Dream

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick V-8 / 2005 Mustang /2012 Festiva/ 1978 Pinto/1980 Rallye Pinto.... All Ford Family
    Making the yearly trip to this Mega Swap meet next week. Love this show about 8hrs away but worth it.
    It takes about 2days to walk it through real good. If anyone is going to be there could meet for a Refreshment.
    Kirk

2. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    I am planning on going. I don't think I will be in my Comet. If we come, we will be there Thursday.

3. mojo

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    You have your dates wrong - The official dates are 9th. thru 11th. I had registered to be in the show and my papers have 9th.-11th. I will be there Thur. - Saturday.

4. mojo

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Just returned from the show after 3 days of walking "serious walking". The weather was great, all 3 days sunny and temps avg. low 80's. I had not been to this show since 2009 when I bought my Comet at the corral. I must give the organizers of this event high praise. They have the best organization of any event I have attended "BAR NONE". They move pedestrian traffic, car traffic, spectator parking, all smoothly and efficient. This is a huge event, 4430-10'*30* swap spaces, 3000+ volunteer workers over 100,000 visitors, they get an A+ in my book. After 43 years of doing it, they have it down to a science.
    I don't know how many show car vehicles were on display, but, my guess is well over a thousand, probably closer to 1500, spectator, camper and vendor vehicles several thousand - vehicles everywhere - as far as the eye cud see.
    I had intended to take my car but was sidelined by not being able to eliminate air from my brake sys. after installing a new master cylinder. Next year it is on my to-do list.
    Out of all the cars here, I only saw 1 Maverick, only saw him on Friday, did not see him
    Saturday.

Attached Files:

5. mojo

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Some more pic's of just one section. A lot more cars in the blue ribbon, pre war, post war, modified, theme, original and car corral. These shots were taken early Sat. morn abt 9:30, many more came after they were taken. We headed out for home abt. 1:00 pm, they were still trickling in.

Attached Files: