Jo-Han 1/25 scale Dyno Don Maverick 1 Year Project-Finished

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Memorabilia' started by Mustang1989, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    1994 Chevrolet 383 Silverado
    Thanks Bruce. It's getting a little easier as the time passes. Just keepin' a close eye on dad these days.

I've done hood scoop transplants before but I really am liking how this one turned out.

Thanks bud.

2. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    No polishing or wet sanding yet and this is the turnout. To say that I am very pleased with this outcome would simply be a gross understatement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    I finally got around to installing the PE grill into place and adding the fog light system. I still have to touch the fog light chrome up but will wait until I've got everything on the car so I don't risk messing the touch ups up with excessive handling.

[​IMG]

Shorty likes this.
  4. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    Concentrating some of my efforts on the rear panel now. I looked at the fuel cap fit on the panel and it was just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too thick. Probably a scale 4-5 inches thick which is not the way it should be.
    I mean look…here it is on mine:

[​IMG]

the one one the right is how far it WOULD have stuck out. So I broke out the sandpaper and went to work. The one on the left is about how it SHOULD be…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I’ve also got the tail light chrome bezels all cut out and formed.

[​IMG]

The completed rear panel. I did NOT like those stupid little bumperettes that stem from the rear bumper down along side of the license plate. I never did like those things and sure as hell never had any on my 1:1 scale car. I cut those off, stripped the chrome from the bumper, cleaned the bumper up and re-chromed using the Alclad II method. I'm super happy with this outcome.

License numbers and plate frame from my 1:1 are carried over to this build:

[​IMG]

Shorty likes this.
  5. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    Been a while since I've been in here and I'm gonna have to pick up on this one! Hang tight fellas...I'll be resuming the build shortly.

6. stumanchu

stumanchu Stuart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    74 comet, 70 Olsen step van, 2005 Scion xB
    lol...I really like looking at your work. It is arguably more interesting than looking at real car pictures.

Mustang1989 likes this.
  7. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks Stu!!

This'll be a sneak peek as well as the last update on this car that I'll post until I'm finished or something seriously goes wrong with this build.

I've still got a couple of things to do like

1. Scrub the tire tread on tires and touch up the rim edges and then install permanently onto the vehicle. Also the rear wheel isn't "sucked" all the way down on the tire which makes the tire look like it's not properly seated on the wheel so I'll have to make that happen as well.
    2. Install all door handles and outside rear view mirrors (mirrors still need the Alclad II treatment)
    3. Add the metal coating to the windshield wiper arms
    4. Apply the PE M U S T A N G lettering to the trunk lid (although I am contemplating a complete repaint and clearing of the trunk lid because it doesn't seem to be as dark a shade of blue as the rest of the car).
    5. Install the exhaust tips that I just got applying the Alclad Chrome treatment to
    6. Install radiator hoses and final details in the engine bay
    7. Paint the bottom side of the hood

Anyhow....here's where we are right now. I couldn't resist throwing my "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" tag hanging from the mirror. I've had this tag on all my 1:1 scale rides for the last 32 years now. It was in Mustang #2 of mine, my blue #3 Mustang, my 89 LX Coupe and now in my Silverado truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stumanchu and Shorty like this.