Lets Vote For Maverick5946

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Stefan, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Subaru's can go up hills:hmmm: :huh:

2. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Stefan, thanks for letting this thread run. I've been haveing a ball with it. It's rare when one like this comes along. :)

3. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    Alrighty then, I've sat quietly back and cast my 2 votes a day for John's car, one from the office and one from home.
    The accusation of cheating by an administrator of another car forum just torked it for me. Maverick and Comet owners as a whole are generally a humble group of people....we have to be...look at what we drive, but we have a love affair(lack of a better term) with our cars as much as the Mustang and Camaro and Subaru owners of the world do.
    So I propose that after we are assured of John's win for this month, we break out the BFG....http://www.dragtimes.com/1972-Mercury-Comet-Pictures-6923.html

And bury the Subaru next month...:mad:

4. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
  5. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Heck yes. (y)

6. Ford_Motorheads

Ford_Motorheads Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    1961 Falcon, 1967 Ranchero, 1969 Gran Torino GT, 1974 Ranchero GT 1976 Mustang Stallion, 1977 Mustang coupe, 1978 Mach 1, and 2 1978 Cobras
  7. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Rick

It will get my votes:yup:

8. sf.com admn

sf.com admn New Member

Please...show me in ANY FORUM where I bash your car. YOU SIMPLY CAN'T FIND IT!! I think we have much more in common than you guys would care to admit. I think I've shown you the similarities in our positions...we all drive cars which are becoming more and more rare, harder to source parts for, need people willing to fabricate and modify in order to make things work, etc... I can show you all over this thread (if I so chose to quote at least 10 posts) where your members are bashing Subarus...

Questioning your integrity? Gee, what am I supposed to believe when I sit and monitor the dragtimes site, and watch the votes coming in at a rate of at least two to three per minute in the middle of the night...that wouldn't strike you as suspicious??

The comment about 50K members reflects the number of truly active enthusiasts. If we look at raw numbers, www.nasioc.com has almost 100K members, www.i-club.com has 23K members, not to mention the NUMEROUS other sites dedicated to the Subaru line of cars.

I'm STILL NOT bashing on you or your car...because I admire the people who can/do build their own, using their ingenuity, sweat, and know how in order to create or restore a classic.

9. Maine Mav

Maine Mav Mavericker

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr 302V8 & '72 Maverick 2 Dr 200 I-6
    sf.com admn: You come here & try to pass yourself off as someone who's interested in all makes & models of cars. I doubt you would've ever come to this site if John's Maverick wasn't running close to the Subaru and someone hadn't posted things about this site. You come in here with an arrogant attitude and start accusing us of cheating and expect us to grovel at your feet and marvel at your infinite wisdom.

After all, we're just a bunch of rednecks who wouldn't even know what a proxy server is anyway. You, of course, are the know-all, end-all, master of time, space & dimension.

I don't think anyone is buying into your line of crap. Sorry. :cry:

A cool car is a cool car, no matter what the make or model.

10. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    You need to read your own forum...lots of bashing going on there. Not saying that you yourself are doing it but then again, I don't know what your user name is on your forum either. You know, it's all in fun when the competition starts, but when you start accusing someone of cheating, you better be able to back it up. Again, read your entire thread, there are so many times when your guys talk about ways of getting votes it's rediculous...but then they say, oh, that's legal. I'll tell you right now, there are a lot more Ford lovers out there than there are Subaru lovers. Heck man, count the cars when you get on the street. I'd be willing to bet you see 25 Fords for every Subaru. It's not hard to find people willing to vote for our cars. Your guys are having to beg people to vote (again, read your own thread). Anyway, as forum admin, you should have a little more class than to make that accusation when you don't have a clue or any proof whatsoever. No class at all.
    The only way something like this should be set up and to truly make it fair is for everyone is to have to sign in on dragtimes and only be able to vote one time a day no matter what by logging in with their user name. That would solve all problems. Maybe someone needs to put that bug in the ears of dragtimes.

11. sf.com admn

sf.com admn New Member

I've driven and admired several different makes and models of cars, from classic Fords and Chevys, including a completely stock, original owner Comet...that I drove for around three months. The owner was a older lady who took excellent care (with the dealer's help) of her immaculate example, low mileage car. I've driven vehicles from Europe, Asia, North America, and even a Mexican produced VW Bug. They all have their good and bad points.

Where do I call you a bunch of rednecks who "wouldn't even know what a proxy server is"? That would completely go against my suspicions, and not be a productive point to my accusations, now would it?

I do agree with your final statement... "A cool car is a cool car, no matter what the make or model."

12. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Hey guys, buttfreak thinks he's gonna win with his Subaru too...guess he needs a lesson as well

[​IMG] Today, 01:21 PM
    [​IMG]budfreak1 [​IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_349070", true);

[​IMG]
    ok guys look. chike, i fully respect you for your politeness with these guys, but i'm simply not that nice. plus i despise fords and most of the people who drive them so a little later i'm gonna have no choice but to go over there to there site and teach a damn lesson just like i did the impreza boys. bunch of smart asses. i love the way they have pictures of themselves in their avatars. looks like a dating site for homos who drive junk.(no offense to the gay population) plus, they talk about subarus being junk and to be honest, how many mavericks do you see a day? i haven't seen one in a damn long time but i've seen about 10 svx's in the past 6 months and they were all driving down the road, not rotting in the junk yard. you know, the junk yard, the place you go for ford parts and to catch that rare site of a maverick slowing doing what it does best. rusting.[​IMG]

We've got two cars to chose from, actually we can vote for both of them every time we vote. Lances Maverick and Ricks Comet are both in the lineup...might as well blow away the competition (if you can call it that) again!!!
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Maverick-Timeslip-6930.html
    http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercury-Comet-Timeslip-6923.html
    He's got about a 200 vote lead but we know that doesn't mean anything.:tsk: Let's burn this idiot!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  13. sf.com admn

sf.com admn New Member

I do read my own forum...but then again, I don't edit what people say (within reason), because they're entitled to express their opinion (again, within reason). It's not like all of your members are saying a single good word about the Subaru vehicle in question. One member said he's seen three or four of them in a day? Hmm...just over 14,000 ever brought into the United States, and this guy's seen four of them? Must have been one of our enthusiast meets somewhere... :rofl2:

I'd like to know if you've ever sat and observed a website...and watched while the votes rack up in the middle of the night, at a rate of 2 to 3 per minute...when it's obvious to the casual observer that you don't have THAT MANY members up at that late hour voting. That gives me a clue. Overnight (late night), you rack up 400 votes?? That would mean that one in every eight members on your board (last count 3253) was up in the middle of the night voting for this Maverick.

14. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I'm doing a mighty effective job of letting them show just how sorry and low they are if I do say so my self. There isn't a house trailer within 50 miles of my house and yet they continue to come up with the trailer trash redneck comments. Don't nobody try to stop them. Just let them show the world how high class they are.

I got them all to a point now where I can say about anything and watch them run themselves into the ground. They take it so seriously... :biglaugh:

I don't know why they keep associateing these cars with rednecks since their are probably more up north and in the west then their are around here.

They really thought that by telling me that Mavericks were worth less then Mustangs or any other old car that they were putting my car down. LMAO Uhh, what else is new? I bought the car knowing this. The reason I like these cars so much is because they are cheap.

Isn't it funny how you can manipulate people with just a few simple words? Then they come back and act like they can't read whats being wrote.

Of course they continue to accuse us of cheating, which is getting old.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  15. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

dang, a guy doesnt watch a thread real close for a few days, and it then it starts getting fun:biglaugh: . I gotta say, some of the quips are pretty damn funny too, from both sides :D ....john I voted for ya, just because I know your still sensitive from your little calender incedent:rofl2: :evilsmile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.