Lets Vote For Maverick5946

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Stefan, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I guess I've worn them down on Mavericks and they are going to start bashing Mustang's now. :rolleyes:

2. Ford_Motorheads

Ford_Motorheads Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    1961 Falcon, 1967 Ranchero, 1969 Gran Torino GT, 1974 Ranchero GT 1976 Mustang Stallion, 1977 Mustang coupe, 1978 Mach 1, and 2 1978 Cobras
    Man, get this guy a "Whineken" :cry: :drink:

3. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    They don't even know what to post over there. They just keep going around in circles with any little gaps I leave in what I say. It's not even about cars anymore, it's personal attacks now... Man, some people are so sorry.

I have taken this group of previously politically correct, perfect guys that it seemed you couldn't get to say something bad even if you held a gun to their head and have got them spouting off insults and racial stuff so fast they forget to put them in one post and have go go back and make several more posts as they think of them. Pretty sorry at the kind of stuff they have resorted to saying just because I said in a few posts I don't like Subarus.

Guys, this is the internet. If you take anything that seriously, you probably need to get some help. :coco:

I'm about done here. Heck, if they win maybe it will make them feel better about their car.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  4. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here

It was members from other Ford Websites, as I explained earlier I stayed up till like 2 am lobbying for votes. Sites such as but not limited too,FOrd Muscle.com, Mustangs and more, FOrd Diesel Forums, Once they saw a subaru winning they did their part. It's like I said before you may have 50k subaru guys but The Ford Nation is unfathable in size. I hit up up at least 20 sites and 2 other members did the same. Is it that hard to believe that there is more Ford Lovers worldwide than Subaru. :huh: The Admin of DRagTimes.com is looking into it. IF he finds either one of us cheating he said he would ban that car from any more votes. So if we were cheating any more than you guys are cheating why would we contact him in the first place. So move on and lets finish this thing.

5. highhillbilly

highhillbilly Member

Vehicle:
    1969.5 maverick
    whats wrong with living in a trailer,,,,when me and the wife started our family,,we had 4 and a half acres and needed something to live in,,,i dont live in a trailer park,,,i live a long way back in the country,,,and i'm damn sure not trash,,,,,i work everyday and raise my family the best i can,,,,when the budget says i can afford to build a new home,i will,,,but living in a trailer does not make me a redneck,,,nor trailer park trash

6. highhillbilly

highhillbilly Member

Vehicle:
    1969.5 maverick
    also buy the way two more for ya today john

7. Grabber5.0

Grabber5.0 Gear-head wannabe

Vehicle:
    71 Grabber
    Get on the ball they're gaining again.

8. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
  9. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Absolutely nothing is wrong with living in a trailer. They were just showing what low lifes they were with those comments.

10. ratio411

ratio411 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Sprint and 1975 Maverick
    I agree with the whole 'cool car is a cool car' notion...
    But when has there ever been a cool Subaru?!?! What have I missed?
    I have owned cool Mopars, FoMoCos, and GMs... what else is there?
    Sorry, but if someone wanted a "cool" car, almost any car is better than a Subaru.
    Classic cars and even cool late models are not that hard to find... and why risk normal folks questioning your sexual orientation by driving something as queer as a Subaru?
    I don't know about those 'guys', but a 4th gen Z28 is fast, affordable, and economical... plus you get hit on by women when you drive a car like that.

I apologize to the die-hard Ford guys for throwing a GM into the mix, but I have had 3 late Z28s and know how superior they are to a Subaru. I would feel the same way if I had owned a late Stang, but I haven't... ;)
    I don't think the whole Mav vs Subaru arguement is valid because of the sheer age difference. Show me a 69-77 Subaru though and I am pretty sure we would have a great laugh! I bet you see more Mav/Comets on the road than Subarus from the same era.
    Done
    Dave

11. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Some of the guys on that side of the fence are decent people. Just seems to be a few bad apples. I saw some of their members sticking up for us. I guess they think we are still cheating though. That whole internet tough guy comes to mind. If everybody was sitting around in a room, I know I would stand my ground I just wonder if the bad apples in their bunch would.:huh: and yes I still think Subarus are for sissies:D

12. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    No, I really doubt they would stand their ground if it was man to man. They are a bunch of pansies fart pipein' around in their little Subarus. They gotta be bad over the internet because it's the only place they can even pretend to be bad. They have to make up for all the people laughing and makeing fun of them all day while they drive around in their primered Subarus with a 5 foot wing and fart pipe hanging out the back. A few well placed comments on things that touch a nerve with them will bring out what a shallow, low class bunch of people they are. They get confused and just start hurling insults because they can't figgure out what else to do. They can't see through what's wrote on their screen. Shows me they have the intellect of a 6th grader. I wasn't even going to attempt to have a logical conversation with them. They proved that they could not handle such a thing. You keep laying the bait, and they will keep takeing it. The more they take it the better they think they are until they can't see around what your doing and then realize at the end "what the heck was I thinking?" :) That's when they will try to come up with a logical excuse for their actions. In this case, a weak argument that they were defending themselves. Defending against what? An 18 year old with a Ford. Heh heh! Get a grip!

Then again, should I have expected better from a group of your typical ricers? No, I think not. :evilsmile

Some of the guys that posted more recently seem like decent people for sure.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  13. Max Power

Max Power Vintage Ford Mafia

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick, 1969 Mustang Sportsroof, 1970 Mustang Grande Project
    Those SVX's are interesting cars, there are not cookie cutter, I have to give them that. I never cared for styling cues for uniqueness sake, and those cutesy windows really turned me off when they first came out. It smelled like a styling stunt to me, like the "classic" Subaru Brat. BTW, any manufacturer that puts the spare tire UNDER the hood didn't give the car enough engine.

I always thought of Subaru as the AMC of Japanese manufacturers. It wasn't till the recent platforms in the last 5 or so years that I have taken them very seriously as a car builder. I would love to own a WRX. They rock. MY brother has Forrester.

That being said Subaru guys, you should know that most the people on this site that are going at it with you are from the text messaging generation, and as a whole we Mav guys are pretty relaxed about this whole thing. Non-Maverick people haven't taken Mavericks seriously for years, similar to many Subaru models. We are in the same boat in many ways.

The insults from some of your members are pretty interesting. Put simply, I respect people who buy a vehicle, any vehicle, that requires a lot of work, and spend hours and days crafting that car into something that people want to drive, look at, see and touch. That is the essence of hot rodding. Some of your members have gone as far as whipping out their checkbook. That is not hot rodding, and gets little respect from me and most here.

I like most cars, especially performance ones. I have owned dozens, and my non-Mavericks fun car is a stroked 69 Mustang Fastback. I have owned Toyotas, Fiat Spiders etc. I understand where Mavericks stand in the pantheon of automotive history.

Put simply, I voted for the Maverick on Drag Times because I don't think a mostly stock 15 second car should be a feature at a website called Drag Times.

Good night, and good luck.

14. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    :lolup:

Unfortunatley, the proxy doesn't work! So, there has to be another explaination.

Maybe it's because A FIFTEEN SECOND SUBARU DOESN'T BELONG ON A WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH DRAG RACING :rofl2:

I accept your apology for thinking we're kicking your buttocks dishonestly. :drink:

15. Jamie Miles

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    Man, one of them guys is continueing to prove his ignornace over PM's. I guess he dosen't want his buddies to see what an asshat he's makeing out of himself. :yup:

The will power to restrain myself from pounding him into the ground is slowly slipping away. :162:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.