Mishap

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jacek, Dec 6, 2020.

1. jacek

jacek Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    Thank you everyone for advise. All good pointers here. I've built cars and bikes before so I'm not exactly a novice to this. The dent does not look horrible I'm just hoping the pickup tube is OK and still sealed well where it attaches to the oil pump. I don't want it to suck air and drop my oil pressure in the middle of the road. I have a 2 ton arbor press if need be. The engine looks 100% original and never touched by a wrench albeit tired a bit. Runs like a champ, would not want to shred the bearings due to lacking the oil pressure. I'm just bummed I wanted to get too much done too quickly and spaced out on something as basic as a solid jacking point. OH well... On top of that I bruised my rib cage at a game two weeks ago- a day after this happened and can't really lay down and raise my left arm so this job will have to wait until the pain is gone. I'm itching to get it done and have all the parts here. Even borrowed a nice ball joint separator kit from the local auto parts store. I'm hoping for the weekend after Christmas.
    BTW
    Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

2. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick
    Ohhh, I've had bruised ribs...hurts like crazy!

3. DGD

DGD Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Just be careful when you "HO HO HO".

4. jacek

jacek Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    Happy New Year everyone!!!!
    An update- Last night I finally finished the repair. It turns out the pickup tube bent up upon the impact and the screen ended up above the oil level. I bent it back down, straightened the pan and put it back in. I have my oil pressure back. What a relief.
    BTW all that was needed to get the pan off was taking out the sway bar- 6 bolts pretty easy to access, disconnecting the center link from the pitman arm. That created enough clearance to drop the pan.

Shorty and BBMS18 like this.