New interior idea

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Matt72Mav, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Matt72Mav

Matt72Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Ford Maverick
    So how impossible would it be to fit in a 2010-up mustand interior into my 72 Mavrick. Like the seats and the center dash.

2. danrjohnson83

danrjohnson83 Member

Vehicle:
    maverick
    It'd probably just take time and patience. I put the interior of a 06 mercury milan in my mav, mainly just the seats, and doing a fiberglass dash/gauge pod.

Attached Files:

3. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I like those seats. How well does the back seat fit or did you make some modifications to make it work?

4. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    No doubt you can do it but probably will need lots of fabrication skills to use the dash assy. I've seen it done and is very cool to have a different dash. One good thing is that the entire dash assy will unbolt out of there.

5. Matt72Mav

Matt72Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Ford Maverick
    Awesome. And btw beautiful work on your interior.

6. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Very nice interior! I also interested in how u made the rear seats fit into the Mav? How abt some more pix of the car? We like pic's.

7. danrjohnson83

danrjohnson83 Member

Vehicle:
    maverick
    on the rear...
    I had to cut out the original seat brackets, and i made a bracket to support the front part of the seat.
    the bottom is a little wide, and i plan on modifying the seat foam itself for that. also a little wide, but i just pushed in the bottom of the side panel and it flexed enough to fit.

on the front, I just made my own mounts out of angle iron, and did lots of test fitting. I still have some tweaking to do to the interior, but the front seats work perfectly. power driver seat also works perfect,

on a side note, these seats were from a 4 door, so they don't fold forward, but they do slide far enough forward to get in the backseat

I'll be taking it all out in the next few weeks to do some welding and other stuff, so i'll get some better pics of how i mounted them.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    Those seats look awesome!! I've often sat in my wife's Escape...wondering if the seats would fit into my Maverick.

9. injectedmav

injectedmav Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2dr 5.0l EFI, 2003 Expedition(wife's), 2002 F150 Supercab King Ranch
    Nothing is impossible, just requires a big enough pile of parts and some reasonable fabrication skills. You won't know til you try. I like to modify the newer cheaper stuff 1st then as a last resort, modify the Mav if I determine it will work and look like I want it to.

DanR, that is one nice looking interior. The Fusion/Milan/Zepher front seats and console have been something I've been eyeballing lately. They are very comfortable and some are heated/cooled and power adjusted and they looked like they would fit well. You just answered the fitment question for me. I'm really surprised how close the back seat is. Good work!

10. danrjohnson83

danrjohnson83 Member

Vehicle:
    maverick
    THANKS!

I actually picked up the seats (they are power/ and heated-but only have the movement hooked up) and liked them so much that i bought a fusion!
    On the rear i want to remove part of the padding from the rear seat bottom, and the sides, but can't bring myself to think how it will look to restretch the leather. also when i do that i'd lie to get a mav logo embroidered into them, but can't find someone to do that yet either.