Performance Sway Bar 1-1/8"

Discussion in 'Technical' started by GrabberGT, Feb 5, 2013.

1. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    There are other methods to leverage a consumers rights at our disposal too. Numerous reports.. again.. NUMEROUS REPORTS filed with the BBB and consumer protection agency can all add up to a fairly substantial smear campaign which hits a companies reputation where it counts. John has a boss too and I'm positive that he won't be very happy if it comes to that.

I'll give Addco till the 9th to give me a tracking # before I start flinging cowpies back in their direction. They've certainly flung enough in ours.. and at this point it's starting to stink all the way to high heaven in my garage. Squeaky wheels.. and the more the better.. get greased the fastest. And as I said before.. if it reduces the delay and gives me a better baseline from which to start?.. I'll take mine raw even if it voids the already limited warranty.. whatever that may be.

The best I'm hoping for is to actually receive a bar that fits and also that it will be made available to others who would be interested in the same catalogue # for their rides. Besides implementing the group buy for everyone's advantage who initially signed up and paid for one.. I thought that was the whole point in the first place. More part #'s for our cars.

2. rthomas771

rthomas771 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '74 Maverick 250 5-Speed.'60 Falcon V8. '63.5 Falcon HT
    Has anyone tried the Scott Drake 1-1/8" sway bar for a 67-70 Mustang? According to Ak Miller the Mustang bar fits a Maverick.

[​IMG]

3. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    I remember reading that excerpt too. IMO there's just no way that wider bar will fit these cars without being cock-eyed as it hangs over the lower arms. Even the narrower 65-66 bars are slightly too wide and cause slight geometry issues according to a members pic's around here somewhere.

I'm guessing that if it really was that easy?.. this thread wouldn't even exist.

4. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    You should know that the BBB is just a money making scam.
    I was hounding ADDCO on Facebook, until they blocked me..I had called them and asked for a refund a year ago, and they were willing to give it to me, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt..so we'll see what happens, and I'm with you, on whatever you decide to do.
    I have a 65-66 bar on my green car, and it works, somewhat.

5. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    generally speaking, I would have to agree. I payed those guys many thousands over the years to maintain my companies standing while they allowed me to use their logo in my advertising(which actually adds much credibility to those who care about such things), sent me out calendars and stickers.. and little cheap "member plaques" in return. To be fair though.. the contractor and service industries have the most to gain from said memberships because those are the types of customers that care to do research before hiring you. The bigger the city?(which is the same as saying.. "rat race".. the further your advertising dollar goes. Anywho.

And I hear ya. Same here.. but those benefits have almost been spent and are going to end very soon. I've often wondered how much more work it would be to swap over to an early 65/66 type front clip on our cars. Once the thing is stripped down and being rebuilt with some welding involved.. doesn't seem that much further to go to be able to take advantage of greater parts availability. I'd guess that the added track width is nothing some flared wheel-wells and offset wheels couldn't take care of. Definitely something that I'll explore much deeper when the time comes to start cutting my car up.

6. Hottrod1991

Hottrod1991 Member

Vehicle:
    73 maverick
    Carolina Swaybar

One bar, your looking at $200.00
    Groups of 5 $150.00 each
    10 or more $125.00 each.

All hardware would be included.
    Shipping not included.

7. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    Thanks much! I LOVE small shops and I'll check it out to see what technology they use and parts they offer. (y)

8. jear30200

jear30200 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    So has any one gotten a tracking # or anything yet?

9. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

10. jear30200

jear30200 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    HAHA Thanks Dave B....I guess we can check in about another year ;)

11. wjtkb

wjtkb Member

Vehicle:
    maverick, 94 toyota pick-up, 94 honda accord
    As badly as I wanted one of these im kind of happy that I didnt.... even tho for me how long its taking wouldn't have mattered as much since my car is in about 60 boxes

12. schroensr

schroensr knight Runner

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 Mercury Comet
    I am going to make mine fit, Will not give good feed back on Addco products though.

13. dyent

dyent Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr., 302 w/AR aluminum heads, Toploader 4 spd, 9" Trac-Lok w/3.70
    I called Addco in early April and since they could not successfully produce our adjustable front bar, asked them for a refund. My VISA was credited this week.......
    While I am disappointed that our adjustable front bar could not be successfully done, I was very happy with how I was treated in my correspondance and dealings with Addco...

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  14. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    I took the time to call Addco today and was told by Charlotte in customer service that John and the production manager "had just gone home for the day". After briefly explaining the long drawn out production delays involved with our group buy/custom bar.. and the fact that we seemed to STILL be behind another couple of production runs.. I politely asked that she call me back ASAP on Monday once things had been figured out from a timeline standpoint.

She was more than understanding, extremely polite and apologetic and agreed that if the bar was not que'd for immediate production like I now required to maintain my active order status?.. she would refund my card for the original charge amount. I have minimal hope that things will get done quick enough to keep me on board.

15. jear30200

jear30200 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    Grobert's,,

Did you have any luck with Addco calling you back yet? Is our bars being made yet? If not i might want to go your route. I tired of this waiting B.S.