Unethical Buying and Selling for Profit

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Cruzin Illusion, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I didn't necessarily think anybody was talking about ME....but I wanted to come to the defense of those that also sell parts.

In a free enterprise/capitalist system....this is going to happen in all lines of business/buying/selling. For example: In housing, people go to sheriff sales, buy properties with a tax lien (dirt cheap), clean up the houses, do some fix-up...then sell it. It is called "flipping houses". One can make all kinds of money doing this....BIG money. I could list all types of examples. It happens in more places than just the Maverick world.

So in general, what is the answer? We could have some type of official intervention. Maybe some type of price fixing/regulation, etc. One would find that the "answers" to this problem are way worse than the supposed "problem". That is why the free enterprise system works best. The market, left on it's own, will regulate the price.

If one thinks $800 Grabber hoods is way out of line....look at is this way: If used Grabber hoods sold for $100 or even $200 all day long....then Dynacorn would have NEVER repopped the Grabber hood. Want repopped fenders on the market? Well. then hope used ones start selling for $300 to $400 each.

Paul Masson likes this.
  2. 55crownvic

55crownvic Member

Vehicle:
    76 Small Bumpered Maverick(sold), 691/2 Maverick, 55 Ford Club Sedan, 65 Fairlane 500 Hardtop, 1960 Galaxie Club Sedan
    AMEN!!!!! Nuff said.

Acornridgeman and mojo like this.
  3. Maxx Levell

Maxx Levell Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Mav 2 dr, 1971 Mav 2 dr...thanks Old Guy!
    You're not really helping yourself here...When I saw this thread, I wondered what the fuss was about. Then I found the post that kinda kick started this whole conversation. While there are no rules forbidding what some do, that still doesn't make it the right thing to do. Rest assured, I'm not alone on here thinking what you did was a, umm, Richard Head move, and quite frankly, the posts you've made in this thread haven't really helped your argument. It's kind of, well, tacky, to come off as gloating about that kind of stuff.

z28th1s, Stefan, Crazy Larry and 3 others like this.
  4. Acornridgeman

Acornridgeman MCCI Wisconsin State Rep Moderator Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick Grabber, 72 Maverick Grabber Restomod
    I think Maxx's final words on this thread are a fitting ending point. Everything that can be said has now been said so in order to stop the poor beating of this dead horse - the thread is now closed to further posts.

Stefan, Rapture, mojo and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.