Update

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by SamsDad, Sep 30, 2014.

1. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO turned Grabber Clone

2. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    I took no offense by your comments, while I was building motors at 12 years old( well helping build) then continued through my teen years working on them however I have forgotten much and may let Jim bolt it together......and that $15,000 is for many things actually, besides motor, beefed up AOD, new stall, rear end, it needs a aluminum 4 core rad, heat and AC components, basically everything but the paint better be done for $15k

3. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    I replied to your question wrong, the correct answer should have been that yes it will be a daily driver(about 10-15 per day) and it needs to take 7000 occasionally, not regularly but when it does take 7000 I want it to damn sure take it and be able to take another 500 just for buffer.......although rpm had nothing to do with this failure as it had not seen high rpm in days and it failed upon start up.

4. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    I was under the impression this was your Sons school car and he had made a comment about the gas mileage on the other motor. my boys school Mav was a 306 ci...on 87 octane. when I put the 347 in it, that was when it became my Mav.

5. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    It is my sons school car and yes we sometimes must lead our kids to do right by letting them think that if they hot rod or use up all the gas they will be walking but he won't go without gas even if it had a blown hemi in it, I don't know how many children you have or thier ages but I have this one and the years fly by if I don't take the opportunity to build this car into a fire breather so that it can be raced
    (which is what he wants) then the opportunity is gone, he already is around less due to girls, then college comes and he's gone, I have basically a bit over a year to do this with him and if it turns to more racer than street car well maybe we get to spend many more years racing together........I assure all of you the car is for my son, I would love nothing more than to be his mechanic and feel the joy of watching him take the win again and again, this is my reasoning and it's truth from the heart, wether some think it's for me well I hope you can feel the love and pride in a child to be willing to go the distance that I am.....hell if he lost interest in that car it would probably sit or be sold

6. garrettmuir1227

garrettmuir1227 (Almost) Certified to Work on Your Porsche

Vehicle:
    1974 Mercury Comet (small bumper Mav converted) 2009 Mustang Bullitt #5834
    It's a good thing your doing SamsDad. Taking a common interest to move forward in your sons passion as well as your own. Time is limited as you know, hell I'm out of my house soon too, it's down to months. It's a great way to cherish the time you guys have together

7. SamsDad

SamsDad Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks for the kind words