Viper v12 swap?

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by Mavcom, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Mavcom

Mavcom Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Hey guys a long time ago there was a guy on here doing a viper v12 swap did that ever happen?

2. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    No.. he sold it. Look at his YouTube channel and you'll see he scrapped the build and traded up for a 73 mustang. Now he's putting stupid money into that clapped out hunk. lol

3. Mavcom

Mavcom Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Wow bummer , did someone else resume the build?

4. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    At one time didnt he do a go fund me type of thing for the build . A 73 Mustang sure would have not been my choice of Mustangs to put money into but then putting a Viper motor in a Maverick wouldnt have been either, oh well to each his own

5. Mavcom

Mavcom Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Yeah that was definitely a unique project, so way back when I had my car there was someone in here trying to work out getting replacement panels for fenders quarters etc, has that ever happened? Is there a source for body panels yet?

6. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
  7. Mavcom

Mavcom Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Wow that’s fantastic! The lack of these parts had at least a little to do with selling my Comet ! Are these parts generally for two and four door cars?

8. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
  9. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    Yeah I remember that Mike. Didn't get received too well considering most of us around here are already struggling, either timewise, financially, or physically.. or in many cases ALL three.. to make our own car dreams come true much less worrying about helping another car guy make his own dreams come true. Truth be known I would have liked to help but have enough on my plate as it was/is to try and help him on his own projects. Would have been nice to see it finished for improving our car's visibility and recognition though.

My takeaway with that guy was/is he likes to publicize and make vid's to help fund his projects. Not uncommon at all these days with gofundme's and youtube channels popping up for just about anything under the sun. Older generations seem to be much more and maybe even too prideful and self reliant to do such things, IMO. Pro's and con's depending on your "giving or receiving" perspective I guess.

Not that it really matters one way or the other but if that truly is the case?.. he sure picked a humdinger of a red headed stepchild to try and get everyone and new sponsers on board with him. Could be worse I guess.. he might have picked a Mustang II.. or a maybe Gremlin. LOL But yes, to each their own and that's the real beauty of diversity and free will when it comes to custom cars.

10. Mavcom

Mavcom Member

Vehicle:
    Comet
    Yeah I personally would not think of doing a go fund me for this kind of thing , in
    My opinion that’s for life or death matters not hobbies

mojo likes this.