Washington State Colby Cruise

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by Mercurycruizers, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    Picked up a Holley fast kit on the way home from work today. Hopefully it will do the trick..

2. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    I think we are going to find more and more problems with our carbs due to the fact of e85 fuel, it has a tendency to clean out the gas lines and tank a little better and dragging rust and other particles to the filter and beyond, not to mention the long term effect on rubber parts. Dunno for sure but something to think about.

3. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    i hope it works too! :burnout:

4. Shaun MAVMOD

Shaun MAVMOD Member

Vehicle:
    2 door 1970 Maverick
    Matt somerville you still working on your Mav hope it works good. See You guys on the weekend :dance:

5. Matterick

Vehicle:
    i'm done with work for now until i pay back every penny i got to my parents :D yesterday i washed all the crome trim with a toothbrush (made a big difference) and i'm going to wash it today wash it tomorow oh and vacum the inside and out! i'll be ready for it :bouncy: gonna hopefully take it through the Brown Bear car wash tommorow since it's right in downtown Everett, gonna get the whole scrub down with hot wax and everything :burnout:

6. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco

You wimp, get out there with some Meguiars wax and build up some muscles, real men dont do hot wax.:naughty: LOL I am looking forward to seeing that baby all pretty and shiny. Now just make the sun come out.

7. Matterick

Vehicle:
    oh trust me when i say dont buff out and wax my car. :naughty: we went out and i bought really really expensive wax and a buffer, came home started to buff it and it was baaaaaaaaaad! the paint on my car is too oxidized and people have painted the car several times. you can see where we tried to wax it before. but it seemed to work out ok when we took it through the wash so until new paint i'm sticking with soap and water :)
    two days till crusin' time!

8. ryan's ride

ryan's ride Member

Vehicle:
    1973 comet
    Cruisin Colby

HI guys, I am getting excited! One more night before we start hauling down there. I got an update on my ride. New rear shocks, new upper ball joints. I had over-loader shocks on the car before. Factory???? I do not know? But I tell you that the car's rear end dropped about an inch. I swapped the rear tires from side to side. Due to no posi. Was wearing one down to much. My tires barely fit under the wheel wells. Rubbing more on driver's rear. Anyway, I am going to start the crazy cleaning tonight. I am sure it will take hours. Then I will get up and do some more. It is so dirty right now. See you guys tomorrow. Now I think that my wife wants to come. She mentioned it last night. I am like "UUUHHHHH!!!!" I did not know what to say. I had not planned on wife and kids coming along. Now I do not know what will be. See you tomorrow.
    :bouncy::clap: :bananaman:dance: These are for you Matt!

9. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    Tomorrow! Can't wait! Shaun: will call you before the ferry docks(12:45-2:30)! Ryan: will meet up with you on the 99-152st exit...McDonalds..right?(is it seeable from the highway?)...send me your phone number(cell if you have one) Robb: If you can meet us off the 99 with Ryan..that would be super(saves you the drive to the ferry)..then we can hit the border together! If we miss each other..give me a call on my cell!

10. ryan's ride

ryan's ride Member

Vehicle:
    1973 comet
    HI Cliff I sent you a private message. I can meet you guys at the 99 highway and 8th ave. It is easier for everybody and then you do not have to get off freeway. No you could not see the Mcdonald's from the highway. Meeting you at 8th ave will be way better. See you tomorrow. P.S. Cliff I gave you my cell number. You can give it to Robb if you like.

11. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    Ryan...I never got a PM? 8th sounds good..see ya there tomorrow!

12. ryan's ride

ryan's ride Member

Vehicle:
    1973 comet
    O.K. Cliff ! See you!
    Does anyone have a spare set of seat belts that they would like to get rid of. I need a set. Only the females. Also does anyone have the plastic cover/holder for the seatbelt at the headliner? I need a black one. Just some pieces that I need to make things right inside my car. If anyone who is coming would bring them I would be appreciated. I could cough up some dough for the belts.

13. whisky

whisky Whisky

Vehicle:
    72 Comet I-6, 72 Comet V-8
    All in!... see ya tomorrow

Got yer messages... sounds good.

As for last minute parts... heh... I need the same plastic holder on my seat belts too so I don't have any spares. And when (Matt???) said "soap & water" I hope that ain't dish soap... no wonder the wax & buff doesn't work...

well, I had the same problem with the re-paint on my car... I wound up clear-coating it and it looks much better... no amount of buffing & polishing will fix a bad paint job.

Anyways... too late to discuss detailing... I gotta pack my day-bag and make sure I got all the necessities... driving music, camera, sunglasses, quik-detailer and a few micro-fibre towels...

See Yah!

Robb.... er, Whisky

14. joshua_mcgehee

joshua_mcgehee Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Comet
    I want lots of pics guys. Have fun. Maybe I'll make it that way in the future. Don't know how the Comet would take it, its been sitting for 5 yrs. I've put 300 miles on it since I've owned it, no major set backs other then a fuel filter.

15. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Sunglasses--------check:cool:

Camera------------check:camera:

Driving music-------check:band:

Overnight bag------check:bath:

Detail supplies------check:sweep:

Snacks-------------check :cheers2:

Driving directions ---check:badwords::hmmm::huh:

Gas money----------check:2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

Good time attitude---check:dancing::grouphug::yup::Handshake

All systems good, ready for take off :chirp: