Western Regional Mega-Meet Update

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by MavMike, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    (3) 71's,two V-8's and one 200 cid
    It's a little after 0600, just came up from giving the car a wipe down,was not too bad only 3-4 bugs from the road trip, the hotel let me move my car into the show area late last night, so I was really the first one to show up. Mustang club cars are just now showing up, talked to a couple of the judges, and they said they would hold open a few spaces next to my car so other Mavericks could park there also, told them as of right now there are only two of here ( Brent and myself) but that there was more that said they would show.Maybe some pictures later. Wake up Brent!

2. Blk70mav

Blk70mav Member

Vehicle:
    I'm awake! :rofl2: But hit the snooze and fell back asleep. I was actually up all night. These walls & windows don't block the sound of cars & the train too well. I'll be down in a few to meet up with the people who made this meet.

3. Blk70mav

Blk70mav Member

Vehicle:
    Ok, I have one question. Where was everyone that said that they were going to make it to the meet in Reno? I know I read some of you were going to come without your car like I did.

I was sure glad to meet everyone who made it to the meet. I met some really great people and look forward to seeing you guys soon. We need to do meets like this on a regular basis, car or no car. Just to hang out and talk and share ideas was worth the trip to me. I wish we could do this four times a year. Kinda like a quarterly deal. Just an idea. I like Tom's idea of meeting in Half Moon Bay where the Maverick's surf competition happens and getting a picture next to the Maverick sign. We could even cruise down Highway 1 to Santa Cruz of Capitola too.

4. rosalindr

rosalindr Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Yellow Maverick Grabber
    So how many showed up at the show? I still have more work to finish up tomorrow, so I couldn't have made it. I'd like to meet you if you come out this way, to Vallejo in September or Pleasanton in November.

Roz

5. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    Tom, Brent, Jay and myself were the members that showed. there was also a gentleman who came by from hawthorne for a few hours with a lime green grabber daily driver. ill post pics of it later. Dont feel too bad ros, you at least told us you wouldnt be able to make it. heck the local nevada mustang club guys didnt even show up at the fallon drag race. i was the only one at the drag strip. still had fun though.

6. rosalindr

rosalindr Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Yellow Maverick Grabber
    So you had 4 cars there? I'd like to see pix.

UOP (University of Phoenix) increased my class size by 40%, with no extra pay:mad:, so I'm working like a demon getting all the papers graded. I finished 16 PowerPoint presentations yesterday, and I have the weekly summaries and grade status to send out this afternoon. UOP weeks go from Tuesday to Monday. I try to get last week's grades back to students by Sunday. So I generally work over the weekends. I was trying to get everything done by Thursday, and couldn't do it.

I hope some of you come down here for the Good Guys show in November and the Fun Ford Sunday in Vallejo in September. I spoke to a nice lady who is putting together the Fun Ford Sunday and suggested putting Mavericks with Falcons and Comets. She though that was a good idea. I don't know how the Falcon/Comet collectors will feel about Mavericks/Comets encroaching on their turf, but there are not enough Mavericks and Comets for a class of our own. It would be nice if we could all be together in one place. :yup: The Falcon/Comet class is #17, so if anyone decides to go to the Fun Ford Sunday, enter 17 as your class and we can all be together (all 2 of us).

Roz

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006
  7. sierra grabber

Vehicle:
    no just three cars, and jays was his beater so he didnt enter it in the show. the gentleman with the bright green one didnt enter his either, just dropped by and talked for a bit and invited us over to look at it. Sorry to hear about your job, i had to use a vacation day to have saturday off myself. Im hoping to make at least one of those shows depending on work and such.

8. carnzy's 70 mav

carnzy's 70 mav Member

Vehicle:
    1970 maverick with a 170 six cylinder and 3 speed transmission-floor shifter
    o.k. guys...i was there saturday between 9a.m. and 9:45a.m. and wearing my maverick t-shirt for recognition i saw the blue mav and the so called beater but nobody saw me i guess, sorry i missed you.the blue mav is awsome by the way but i was tired as well as my wife due to a bad hotel location friday(jabber jabber in next room and to close to virginia street) so i couldn't make her stay.my vote for best car is black 68-1/2 shelby california special no offense to your blue mav cause i'd give my right arm to have my mav look that good...absolutely beautiful!
    sincerely Steve

9. Blk70mav

Blk70mav Member

Vehicle:
    It's too bad we missed you. Maybe next time we can all meet up together.

10. sierra grabber

Vehicle:
    if you didnt see the red one three cars down, i hadnt arrived yet. i thought i was there by then, but who knows. sorry you had a bad stay. not fond of hotel rooms myself.

11. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    "Western Regional Micro Meet"

Kudo's to Brent for sticking to his commitment to show up car or no car! We met up at Newcastle a little after noon, chatted a bit then leap froged over the summit, I blew bye the Donner exit ,thinking it was too soon to be the right trun off, but we did make a stop just pass it at the Vista point overlooking Donner lake (picrures soon) It took us one hour and forty mintues fron Newcastle to Reno.

Jayman's car was there when we showed up at the Hotel, now here's a real trooper for ya! Came all the way from San Diego via the central valley in 95 + degree heat with no A/C, then half way there his rear axle bearing starts howling ( good thing about this was everyone in front of him thought it was a undercover cop car with the siren going , so they got out of his way)
    He is still in Reno having the rear gears and axle bearings repaired .

SierraGrabber showed up at the T&T on Friday and beat the crap out of every other Maverick that showed up!
    His car is super nice, very sharp red paint job ( and the side stripes look great to me, seems he thinks there "just not right" hell maybe he's been living in the thin air too long, because I could find noithing wrong whit them. Also he has a missle tracking system in his trunk, not sure but I think it's used to laser guide smart bombs on Al Qaeda!

12. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    "Western Regional Micro Meet"

Just tallyed my gas bill for the round trip to Reno.

$86.00 total for gas.

514 miles total round trip.

28 Gallons used.

18.35 miles per gallon

16.7 cents per mile

Stock 302, with dual exhaust and 3:55 rear gears.

13. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    Ok folks the next few posts will be some pic's of the trip over and in Reno, I hope Brent has some better then I do.

Attached Files:

14. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    The last one's were of Brent and I meeting at Newcastle, then my co-pilot and car at Donner lake vista point.

Attached Files:

15. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    That was in the show parking in Reno.Here's a few more.

Attached Files: