Western Regional Mega-Meet Update

Discussion in 'Maverick Comet Club International (MCCI)' started by MavMike, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    (3) 71's,two V-8's and one 200 cid
    I hope that Dave, Jay and Brent have some better pictures to share .

Here's one more of my Grandson trying to call information to fine out what the hell happened to all the other maverick owners that said that they would be there!

For Brent, Tyler thinks your cool, and says thanks again for winning him Curious George! ( ya had to be there folks, Brent is a MASTER at darts, took just one to win!)

Attached Files:

2. Blk70mav

Blk70mav Member

Vehicle:
    Don't I wish I was a Darts master. I'd be in those ternaments you see on Fox Sports winning money to pay for my build up of my Maverick. :D

3. jayman

jayman Member

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick/72 Grabber
    You know, even with the rear going out, I had a great time.

Yeah, the car broke. But I made it all the way from San Diego to Santa Rosa, then up to Reno first. Yes it was hot. Okay, it was incredibly hot!! But the car ran well, the steering was tight, the stereo sounded great (when i used it). All in all, it was a great ride.

Thanks to a quick call from Sierra Grabber, I was able to arrange to get the rear fixed with very little trouble. The shop he recommended was fantastic. Rudy, the owner, has a couple of beautiful cars and trucks that most of you have already seen at one time or another as he has been featured in over 250 magazine articles over the years.

When they found out that I had driven all the way to Reno for a small car show, they charged me their cost for parts and fixed a number of other small issues without charge. One of the mechanics used to work at a local Ford dealer when our cars were new. He was very enthusiastic about the Mavericks and Comets.

It was really nice to be able to put faces to a few of the names I see on the board. Thanks guys and I will see you next time. The "BEATER" should be all in primer by the time anyone see's it again. Also puting the Fatman dropped spindles on it to try and get the front bumper out of the clouds. :)

After I get some sleep, I will post some of the pictures from this week.

4. rosalindr

rosalindr Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Yellow Maverick Grabber
    Great pix Tom. Almost like being there. :urock:

I don't like to stay in hotels either. After reading about how bad the Holliday Inn was, I'm not too sorry I missed it. That's why I like shows I can get to and back in one day.

Roz

5. Thack

Thack vision advicator

Vehicle:
    71 2 Dr Maverick, 70 Mustang Sportsroof, 77 F100 4x4, 72 maverick grabber wifes
    Great job guys I'm happy to see it's started (western meet) I plan on being there next year with both cars.......I'm saving now for gas :)

6. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    next time, ill set you all up with a nearby hotel/motel in a better part of town. was not impressed with that local at all. you would think the local mustang guys would have known that, of course you would have expected at least one of them locals to be at the drag strip also:evilsmile:p

7. Blk70mav

Blk70mav Member

Vehicle:
    The Holiday Inn wasn't a bad hotel. Don't remember anyone complaining about it. No one got their cars broken into or stolen. The room was clean, the restraunt was nice, the bar was cool especially Stacy the bartender. Now the waitress that told Tom & I her life story was a little much. If your complaining about the people outside the hotel, well that's just Reno now days. But otherwise it wasn't all that bad. I have seen worse. The Mustang Club should have tried to see if they could have had the show at a park or at the Nevada Reno campus. This way there are some trees to hide under. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience at all except for my sunburn :) .

8. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    i know my wife warned someone about that sunburn at high altitude, not sure who though:evilsmile

yeah ive been in rougher towns, still made me nervous for you guys though. guess i should have left my high boy parked nearby so they'd be distracted:yup::rofl:

9. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    Now I tell ya! old Brent is the chic magnet, that waitress he speaks of , well she sure had a cute toothless smile and has been off the crack for at least a week, and I think she said that her daughter gets out on parole soon, she was a winner for sure! But being the up right guy that Brent is, he just left her and took a cold shower!

As far as the hotel goes, it was fine, it's the old Ramada Inn, was build maybe forty years ago, the rooms were clean, the parking lot was well lighted and they had a securtiy partol in the parking lots night and day.The Hotel is about 5-6 blocks from downtown and they have a free schuttle to take you there and pick you up if needed.There is some trees on the other side parking lot, however every car that parked under them had bird crap on them, not a good thing for a car show, the Mustang club had those pop up canopys for there registration table, raffle table, DJ, and food booth. it would have been nice to have some out in the show lot. It was only 85, but that black top get pretty damn hot!

10. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    I looked at all the posted replys for this so called Mega Meet, I guess I'll start with "mavmike" and best of all "maverickrick".

Where were You?

11. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    tom, i think the western meet is a great idea. i'd like to make one sometime but i have to work according to the race schedule. that's why i said i couldn't make it from the beginning. i knew there was a conflict. maybe next time. glad you guys had a good time anyway.:)

12. Blk70mav

Blk70mav Member

Vehicle:
    Yeah, where were you guys??? I even showed up and I didn't have a car. So, the car not running excuse doesn't fly with me. :p Just to meet and share stories and ideas was great. I felt out of place without my car but was sure glad I went and got to meet Tom, Dave & Jayman. I look so forward to the next meet since my car is running now.

I think we need to make a run over to Monterey or Halfmoon Bay for a cruise and some Surf N' Turf.

13. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    It's sad that no one wants to reply, there were so many people that were so called "in" on this meet, this was a lost opportunity to all those who did not show up.

14. Scotty P

Scotty P Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    I was planning on going. Then a local show I help sponsor and enter changed the date to the same as Reno. Plus, my car IS STILL in paint! errr...

15. rosalindr

rosalindr Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Yellow Maverick Grabber
    I hope to see some local Mavericks at the Fun Ford Sunday in Vallejo, or the Good Guys show in Pleasanton in November. How about all meeting at the Blackhawk Auto Museum some weekend. We can set it any time. I'm only 10 minutes from Blackhawk. I love going places 10 minutes away. 20 minutes is my outside limit for travel.

Roz