1974 Ford Maverick 2 Door - Bringing Back the Wife's High School Car

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by mphilleo, Oct 26, 2021.

1. mphilleo

mphilleo Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Ford Maverick 2 Door, 200 ci
    In high school, my wife had a 1975 Ford Maverick with the 200 as her first car. She adored it, doted on it, and was completely crushed when it was no longer in her life. Long story short, the car had been overheated by the previous owner and when the head gave out, she had to let it go due to lack of funds. Although It's water under the bridge, it's still been a sore topic.

We've been together over a decade and a half, but I never forgot how important this was to her. I've kept my eyes open for a long time to find "the one" for her. A little work is needed, but the bones are there and the spirit is willing, if only because it got onto the trailer under its own power.

I've started taking the air cleaner and hoses off so we can take the 1 bbl Carter carburetor off for a rebuild. The battery tray has been removed for rust remediation and painting, as well as the inside fender. Eventually, we'll get that dinger on the front passenger fender dealt with, but it's really unbelievably clean for being 47 years old and virtually rust-free. I've gotta hurry, because my 4 year old son keeps asking for a ride in it!

Here's some pictures of where it rests in my garage currently, some pictures and video picking it up, and some bonus footage of some of the other Mavericks there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Krazy Comet likes this.
  2. Krazy Comet

Krazy Comet Tom

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Comet GT clone 306 . 1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 1988 T-Bird awaiting 331 ..
    A big plus when the missus approves... :thumbs2:

71gold likes this.
  3. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
  4. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick
    Nice, that reminds me so much of my Dad's car. His was three on the tree and brown, but it feels just like sitting inside that '74 again.