Boss/5.0 Maverick body style

Discussion in 'Parts Interchange' started by stevez1969, Dec 16, 2008.

1. markso125

markso125 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 maverick 2 door LDO
    Thats not a small truck. It has a standard 6 foot bed see you dont understand they dont have trucks as we know them anywhere but the Americas. And to be honest primarily north America, they dont have F150's or Dodge Rams or any of that they dont even have suv's like the expedition or the suburban. The largest truck style vehicle(as we know it) that ford makes down there(or for the rest of the world) is the Ranger, up until a few years ago it was still called the courrier. It is not the same as the ranger you are use to, it shares a platform with the Nissan Nivara....

It is sad because they have awsome motors down there that get unbelievable power, great fuel economy and sad to say we will never have acess too because of the EPA. The only cars we share with them or rather we will share with them or the rest of the world is the Fiesta and the Focus that are coming for the 2011 model year.

Take the Falcon XR6 turbo it has a 270kW/533Nm turbocharged I6 engine with 6-speed manual transmission on a rear wheel drive chassis.
    That equals to 362HP/393FP of torque to put that in comparison the new mustang GT 4.6L is rated at 300HP/326FP of torque. And then they have the "BOSS" V-8's they have a boss 290 that is rated at 290kW/520Nm thats 388HP/ 383FP of torque..

Oh and to add the Boss 290 in a falcon is rated at 14.2 Litre per Kilometer...and that is roughly 33 MPG........EPA thinks if they add all this crap to the engine to make the exhaust blow a little cleaner is helping. I honestly think if they would leave it alone and let the engines be optimally tuned so they can get the best performance and best fuel economy then that would be alot better then having to add stupid things like smog pumps that kill gas mileage and power just so they can push air into the exhaust.

You should check them out they are pretty cool. http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178838357996&pagename=Page&site=FOA&c=DFYPage

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. jncastell

jncastell Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick Grabber Clone
    :racingflag: markso125's right on the down unders Falcon's they are COOL!!! But cooler still would be a Boss Ranchero with a new Mustang front end.

3. LukeDuke

LukeDuke Member

Vehicle:
    1976 Comet
    looks real to me
    [​IMG]

4. jncastell

jncastell Member

Vehicle:
    :thumbs2:
    COOL THANKS!!! Now if you could please add the appearance package you know GT, scoop & stripes.

5. thunder road

thunder road New Member

2005 Ranchero

Attached Files:

6. thunder road

thunder road New Member

But back to the potential of the Maverick

Maverick 280 Z

Attached Files:

7. jncastell

jncastell Member

Vehicle:
    :dance: Another winning design flare the wheel wells on both please.

8. thunder road

thunder road New Member

Super maverick

Attached Files:

9. thunder road

thunder road New Member

And Shelby R Maverick

Attached Files:

10. thunder road

thunder road New Member

And my favorite
    3 inch section, 3 inch chop top
    Maverick Fastback

Attached Files:

11. justin has a 74

justin has a 74 Maverick bandit official

Vehicle:
    74 maverick /71 grabber /72 maverick
    holly cow...maverick fast back and the super maverick look freakin awsome... I WANT ONE!!!!!

btw i like the mustang ranchero... LOOKS MEAN!!!

12. Ed Schuhrke

Ed Schuhrke Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber w/ 357 W, 4sp. Toploader, 9" zoom 4:11 9" N-case DL POSI, Ladders, Welds 15x3.5 - 15x10 w/ Mickey SS, Electric Royal Blue w/ Black grabber stripe, 5" snorkel on original grabber hood
    Hey look around Mavericks are always going under the knife!!! back in 1986 when I bought my 72 the guy I bought it from also had a 76 with trans am fender vents and a whale tail rear spoiler, it also had fender flares, it had to ave about 200lbs of fiberglass on it!!!

13. stevez1969

stevez1969 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    You guys (and gals) sure have some great ideas!

Well, when I started this thread it was just to see what comments I would get by making a relatively small modification to the back of a Maverick. Now it seems like this has taken on a life of it's own.

The ideas and different mods that have been posted shows that there are a lot of folks that have an eye for front page quality creations. All I can say is "keep'em comming" - you never know, this could lead to getting several (a group) of your designs published.

As far as my Maverick (yes that's my 06 Mustang GT next to it) the engine is getting a go-fast make-over. Forged 347 stroker kit, big port aluminum heads (2.055 intake valve), a Torquer or tunnel ram (dual 4bbl carb), full mechanical .605 lift roller cam, narrowed 9" rear with big gears and 4 link suspension, 10 point roll cage, Mustang II front suspension, C4 trans with 3600 stall converter, 12" wide M/T drag slicks and let's not forget the fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror. It will be designated the "Maverick Missile" after the deadly AGM-65 Maverick Missile.

The AGM-65 Maverick is a tactical, air-to-surface guided missile designed for close air support, interdiction and defense suppression mission. It provides stand-off capability and high probability of strike against a wide range of tactical targets, including armor, air defenses, ships, and most importantly the Z-06 Corvette. A famous military man once said "I love the smell of a burning Z-06 in the morning." :rofl2:

busy as a bee - Steve Z.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    OK, I missed this, but it looks FRICKING COOL!!!!! I'd drive that!!
    [​IMG]

15. justin has a 74

justin has a 74 Maverick bandit official

Vehicle:
    74 maverick /71 grabber /72 maverick
    ide drive the heck out of that super maverick