Boss/5.0 Maverick body style

Discussion in 'Parts Interchange' started by stevez1969, Dec 16, 2008.

1. thunder road

thunder road New Member

I bought a new Maverick back in January 1976. It was the first new car I ever had. It was Yellow, had slotted mags and a 302 3 spd. After about a year, I went salvage yard hunting(funny how those arent around much nowdays) and found a 67 Cougar. I took the Tail lights and the 14 " Magnum500s off it, found a Comet GT and took the Hood scoop off it, and put it all on mine. I also fashioned a front piece out of sheet metal that looked a lot like the Shelby R Mav I posted earlier in this thread. Except it was straight at the bottom not curved under. Wish I had some pics of that car. (Divorces takes a lot of things from you LOL) I never dreamed this many years later I would see so many pics on the internet of Mavs with Cougar taillights. I thought I was very original back then.
    When I bought the Maverick they had an odd looking Maverick on the new car lot with it. Had this odd looking sloped front end and a gawd awful huge spoiler on the back. It was white with gold accent paint. Only years later did I learn about the DragNFly. This was in Wichita Falls TX and I hear the company who made the kit was in Texas somewhere.
    My second new car was an 05 Mustang GT that I ordered Nov 26th 2004. Redfire, with a hood scoop that looks similar to a 67 Shelby GT 500. spoiler on the lower front, Back panel between the lights blacked out. I would post a pic but it says I have reached my limit on photos.