hydraulic clutch question

Discussion in 'Parts Interchange' started by AdamMav, May 18, 2003.

1. AdamMav

AdamMav Member

Vehicle:
    Black mav with 302
    I had a 4 speed in the car last year with the hydraulick slave and master from an 85 f150. I was having alot of adjustment problems with it so I ended taking it out and putting the c4 back in. Anyway Im looking to buy a tremec 3550 for a winter project. I've heard I need a different bellhousing with the tremec. So my question is: can i use the hydrualick setup I have now or am I still going to have problems with it? and if so what master/slave would work for me. I really want to put a stick in this car and I determined to do it right this time.

2. Shorty

Shorty Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick, 347 c.i., w/ dual quads, TKO 600 5-speed transmission, back halved w/ 4-link, '16 F150, 5.0 Coyotte, regular cab, shortbed, lowered 3/5 & 1-owner '79 Trans Am.
    McLeod (clutches & driveline parts) has an adapter for the transmission that allows the 5-speed to bolt up to the same bellhousing for a top-loader 4-speed. I recently sold a '76 F-100 that had a T & C top-loader 4-speed. Before I sold it I replaced the 4-speed with a 3-speed. The new owner got the McLeod adapter and installed a 5-speed from a Mustang GT. That way you could use stock Maverick clutch linkage. Hope this helps.