Roller motor from P&P

Discussion in 'Parts Interchange' started by stumanchu, Dec 28, 2019.

1. stumanchu

stumanchu Stuart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    74 comet, 70 Olsen step van, 2005 Scion xB
    I finally solved the distributor riddle after many hours of scouring threads, messing with an ohm meter, wondering if it was my timing light, wondering if the 4 pin module wasnt playing nice, blah, blah, blah. Besides stalling when operating the vacuum advance with a hand held pump, it would subtract 8* of timing off idle and not give it back until 2000 rpms.
    I tried reversing the 2 wires from the magnetic pick-up and it ran crappy, so I switched them back. Mr. Riggs at gofastforless (yes, I broke down and emailed him) told me to "switch the wires and adjust the timing." So I did, and now the hand held pump will not kill it via the vacuum pot, AND it quit subtracting 8*. My distributor has dark purple with a red stripe for all 3 wires, and since I was not plugging it in to an existing harness, I just grounded the ground and hooked the other 2 up.......and got it wrong I guess. Lol.....What a stupid long trail to wander just to figure this out. I can finally carry on with a re-curve and quit messing with it when that is done.

Krazy Comet and BBMS18 like this.
  2. Krazy Comet

Krazy Comet Tom Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Comet GT clone 306 . 1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 1988 T-Bird awaiting 331 ..
    If there's a 50/50 chance wiring could be reversed, you can bet 99% it'll happen...